Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair coloring help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair coloring help
    Posted: June 11 2002 at 8:18pm
I used Nutrisse Medium Brown (#50), permanent hair color, on my medium brown hair to cover some
gray hairs (less than 50%). It did the job, but it also added some reddish/orangish highlights which I did not expect since this is suppose to be a neutral color. They are subtle enough so that others don`t really notice (I think) but I don`t like it. Now it`s been about 2 weeks and I can see the the grey hairs are going to start peeking out.

I`d like to switch to a level 2 color next time. (I tried a level 1 from Clairol but it didn`t do anything to the gray.) Any suggestions on color or brand? Should I go a shade darker or more ash? I really like my natural color (I actually think it may have natural gold highlights and that`s why in the past, when hairdressers have put auburn highlights in, it`s always turned ughy orange and I`ve HATED it!) I`d like to get something that just blends the gray in.
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2002 at 11:55am
Try clairol natural instincts,which is a level 2 semi-permanent that washes out in 24 shampoos (4-6 weeks).
I use this hair color and it works great on my natural dark brown hair, plus it`s very gentle if your hair is permed, dry or overprocessed.
If I were you I`d try the ash color since, ash tones tend to l eliminate warm tones (reddish color) in hair
Good luck
Rita (:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic