Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just a question?????? :S plz answa!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just a question?????? :S plz answa!
    Posted: July 13 2002 at 6:32pm
is it professional for a hairdresser to perm ur hair, and dye ur hair at the same time????

I had my hair permed last year into spiral curls, which is not what i had asked for. I wanted Mel B`s curls, yknaw the spice girl :((

Within the same process she also dyed my hair as well........and the whole perming and dyeing process took 5 hours in the salon.

Is this right or not???????? is that professional??!?!?!?!! because when ive asked other girls when theyve had their hair permed, ive had different stories :(("

plz answa coz i wanna know!
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2002 at 6:33pm
also: i paid £150.00 for that!!!!!!!!!!!

was i riped off or??? :-/
plzzzz tell me :(
---------------x
oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2002 at 8:23pm
When I got my hair permed I don`t think it was nearly that much money, although I didn`t get mine dyed, so I don`t know.
If your hairdresser knows what they are doing then they can get away with dyeing and perming at the same time, although it is risky, and she probally shouldn`t have done both at the same time.:D
StArSpArK
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 6:02pm
My boss pays that much for cut and color, and because she has the prettiest *dyed* color, I`m thinking of going to see her guy (the boss of the salon)! If you like the results, I think it`s worth the $. It doesn`t sound like you got what you wanted though...

I have read that color and perm on the same day is too harsh. However, they`re coming up with more and more products that are not so hard on the hair. Your hairdresser most likely knows a lot more than I do on the matter. Just so long as your hair isn`t breaking off and falling out by now, I`d say you were okay in her hands.

But bottom line is, do you like the results? If not, maybe you could go back and be specific about what you don`t like. Next time she might get it right. Or you could find a new stylist for a consultation and show them what you don`t like about your current style.
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2002 at 3:57pm
no, i didnt like the results
im talkin about a year ago here
and my hair was extremely dry and damaged.

i went there specifically because i thouught payin 150pounds wud indicate a good hairdo.......cow me was i wrong.

i jus wish i went back then, or said what was on my mind the moment i saw my hair.

:((
oh well

atleast i know now not to perm my hair again innit!!!!

:|
---------------x
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2002 at 5:30pm
I think with salons, that saying "You get what you pay for" is not necessarily a rule, yanno?!? I was just talking about this with a coworker today. We shared salon horror stories. Mostly how we took a referral from someone we knew, and then paid a lot of money to end up hating how we ended up looking in the end. Both the coworker and I dye our own hair and go to chain salons only when necessary as a result. But I`ve done the home-perm thing once with disastrous results as well as at a salon with the same disastrous results. I`ve come to the conclusion that perming is just not for me! Like you, I learned the hard way what not to do in the future!

How is your hair these days? After 3 years of color rinses, with a new short `do I decided to go with permanent color. I immediately felt the difference in my hair. Much dryer. I`m getting so many grays though that the rinses don`t last so long! Do you know of any good deep conditioners or leave-in conditioners?
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2002 at 5:30pm
I think with salons, that saying "You get what you pay for" is not necessarily a rule, yanno?!? I was just talking about this with a coworker today. We shared salon horror stories. Mostly how we took a referral from someone we knew, and then paid a lot of money to end up hating how we ended up looking. Both the coworker and I dye our own hair and go to chain salons only when necessary as a result. But I`ve done the home-perm thing once with disastrous results as well as at a salon with the same disastrous results. I`ve come to the conclusion that perming is just not for me! Like you, I learned the hard way what not to do in the future!

How is your hair these days? After 3 years of color rinses, with a new short `do I decided to go with permanent color. I immediately felt the difference in my hair. Much dryer. I`m getting so many grays though that the rinses don`t last so long! Do you know of any good deep conditioners or leave-in conditioners?
calleblazinmami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calleblazinmami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 1:37pm
For anyone that uses relaxers and doesnt like perming too much, I know that TCB has an excellent blow dry conditioner to use. THIS THING WORKS WONDERS! You`re supposed to rinse it out and then blow dry but I leave it in with some oil moisturizer after shampooing, wrap my hair, and let it dry over night if i have time. If I want my hair extra soft & straight I`ll blow dry it with the conditioner in. Let me tell you- this stuff extends the life of your relaxer by like- 2-3 weeks depending on your hair type. Your hair is left soft and managable and very shiny!
"I love My Antonio Delacruz!.
Muuuahhhh"
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 2:03pm
Hey, this sounds like some great stuff to me! I`ll be on the look out! THANKS!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic