Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair
    Posted: September 07 2002 at 10:44pm
naturally --
i have medium - to - dark brown wavy hair...this summer...i decided that i would go for something a little different...

so, picked up a bottle of "just for men" and i colored my hair jet black...it looked really good! but, i wasn`t quite satisfied...so, i picked up some chemical straightener -- and it was the biggest mistake i have ever made in my whole entire life...

i didn`t realize that you have to wait two weeks after coloring your hair -- before attempting to "relax" it...i didn`t realize this until it was too late...

i waited only two days -- after coloring my wavy, now jet black hair -- and then it burnt my hair...it made it have no life to it at all...and i had to get it cut really short...like a number #2 guard around my whole head...

now, i`ve got all the damaged hair off...but, it`s still not long enough to really wave or curl yet...

now, i know that having a botched hair job...can`t change my dna -- so, i should just let my hair grow...will it ever come in wavy again?

ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2002 at 12:32am
what i meant by that last part -- the hair on the top of your head is no longer the live part of the hair...

and even though the chemical messed that up...the live part...under the scalp will still be...or still should be ok...

so somebody give me their expertise please

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2002 at 12:56pm
Don`t worry, your hair should grow in the way it`s always been naturally. Internal processes, such as hormones and medication can change your hair`s natural texture but it`s very rare that a topical, external process would.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic