Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EEEK!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Loranne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loranne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EEEK!!!!
    Posted: March 10 2003 at 5:44pm
My hair has been white blonde my entire life.

I've been trying to dye it darker((to a medium/dark blonde)) slowly on my own for months, I didn't want a big, major difference cause I don't like people noticing I dye my hair. My hair is long(down to the bottom of my bra) and damaged from drying it straight daily.

I tried a color a shade darker than my last and suddenly my hair turned an ugly DISHWATER COPPOR BROWN.
I dyed my hair the next day with a lighter color and it didn't work at all.

What do I do to get the color out to my normal color without killing it!?!?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 5:59pm
Lor, You can't remove color with color.

What is the condition of your hair, now?

Blonde hair (as you just found out will pull basetones) when you put color on. It sounds like this is what happened.

There are color removers, the new ones are really wonderful...but you would have to go to a salon that does color correction, to have this done.
Loranne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loranne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 4:35pm
Thanks for the advise, Sophie! I went to my hair dresser than they did a color correcting procedure. My hair is now prettier than ever, with a 'glow' like gold.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 7:19pm
Awesome!
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 5:22pm
Lorranne;

If your hair is naturally a "white/blonde" or platinum/blonde color, why did you change the color? That is such a unique and pretty color! Not that many women have that color of hair naturally!
So many women who have darker hair destroy their hair bleaching it platinum/blonde, just to get the color you naturally have!

I have jet black hair and I have never dyed it a different color, I believe that people usually look best in their natural color, although many people disagree with me on that, and I know people love to change their hair color.

But very blonde hair, platinum/blonde, is just very unique!
Lady Maria
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2003 at 12:00pm
That's just how it is with us people.

Those with beautiful curly hair want it straight.

Those with beautiful smooth straight hair want it curly.

If it's long and gotten boring, let's cut it and have a generic hairstyle.

If it's short how we struggle to grow it long and beautiful.

These posts are full of us people wanting what we don't have.

And count me in.
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2003 at 11:06am
I Love That Wittles....

We Create...Recreate...Teardown...only to Create and Recreate and Decreate (is that a word?) and so on and so on....

We just can't help it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic