Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is a hair trend of the past that you hope never comes back in style?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is a hair trend of the past that you hope never comes back in style?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 7:38am
Elissa thanks for making my day with that photo (and having the guts to post it! :-) Love the zebra stripes. But no neon colors or puffy painted sweatshirts? Come on! Actually, as awful as that decade was (despite the fact that something good did come out of it--me) I agree with Tina: You really pulled it off!!!!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 12:48pm
the 80s style
yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
rat tails
i still see it
in fact i still see men with the hairstyles from the 60s,70s,80s,
I mean we all know that trends repeat itself but we altered it a little bit so it looks modern but these people looks like they got lost in the past
ARGHH
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 8:21pm
Yes Lyris, the Zebra stripes and the big hair! Tee hee! Very 80s.
Still Ellissa is adorable.
By the way on the Diet board that Elissa moderates she mentions she just got engaged! So congrats Elissa!
tina
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 8:05am
Mullet (*especially* with permed hair on top, straight on the bottom) has to be number one. Honestly, the look immediately erases 30 IQ points from the wearer!

Bowl cuts are another. Too much like Hitler, in my opinion.

Frizzy perms scream HELP.

I was also never particularly fond of purple or pink spikey punk mohawks.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 7:07pm
I'd forgotten I'd posted here! Thanks all of you sweeties for the compliments.

Actually, I adored that hairstyle because it was so easy--blow the crown straight with a brush (took about five minutes), and it stayed healthy because it was short and always getting cut. Air dry the wavy long layers, no products. One spritz of Extremely Stiff Spray for the front, and I was ready to rock.

I forgot about Sonny Crockett, too. You guys crack me up. I will have to see what other weird 80's pics I can dig up.

And Tony--I just got engaged last Tuesday! But remember, in that pic I'm 22, and now I'm 37! I've changed a bit since then, though I like to think I now have better hair.

Love you guys

Elissa
[/url]

enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 10:05am
i'm kinda late posting, but I'm new so it's not my fault.
I'm fifteen, so I can't remember the 80s, but I have seen photos etc, and have to say that any type of tight perm stinks. In my opinion anyway. They always seem to look really frizzy, and on television the bright lights show up all the split ends and snapped hairs perfectly. Naturally curly hair looks lovely and shiny though.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Gollan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2003 at 10:48pm
Really, I like people to wear whatever hairstyle pleases them and would never presume to "ban" a particular hairstyle. Having said that, here is what I would rather not see come back:

(1) 70s-style male afro perms. I saw a guy on That 70s Show with a small one. I had one for a few months in 1979 that was big and fake looking. It was presented by my Mother as a way to get my Dad off my case about my long hair .

(2) BeeGees/CHiPs/BattleStar Galactica hair. I can't believe I used to spend hours in the mid 70s with a blow dryer and the then-new styling product 'mousse' trying to make myself have feathered, poofy hair like the BeeGees. Or StarBuck from
BattleStar Galactica. Sheesh.
grant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2003 at 1:18pm
I hope rat tails never come back in style. I'm sorry if people here like them, but every time I see someone with a rat tail I want to cut it off. lol
pogopossum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pogopossum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 1:17am
well i for one am not a big fan of poodle perms of the 80's. particularly with partial blow drying of bangs and sides. this goes for male or female. my wife and i would get ours done and look almost identical. i don't exactly know what to call it, but sometimes the stylist would use a curling iron vertically, one curl toward the face on the side just in front of the ear, then push back with a comb or pick and spray it stiff leaving a little hollow, and push the bangs up a little and spray them too, not really mall bangs, just a little poofy.
something else that was big then was for longhaired males and females to get wings layered on the top in front, not a mullet, they still had all one length on sides and back. then blow dry and curl the wings back, i think that this is worse than a true mullet.
Endlessnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 7:03am
What about the beehive?? Yuk. I don't like a lot of the styles from the 50's and 60's. Do not like the Charlie's Angels look either.
Crimping hair is back in, believe it or not! I actually like it, but not when the whole head is crimped. The partially crimped head looks nice sometimes.
BR,
Endlessnight
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 5:06pm
Elissa - Great picture... though we all hate it now... mall hair was hot in it day! And very hot on you tooo, how a about a picture of your post 80's style?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 7:56am
[/url]

jonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 12:35am
Wow, Elisa is hot!! My least favorite style is dreadlocks. Buy some shampoo and a comb for crying out loud.
jonny
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2003 at 6:18pm
rattail is the worse
dianefromcanada
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2003 at 8:39am
Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

LOL Purple!

I used to wear my hair in a side ponytail! I have a photo of myself in 1989, wearing my New Kids on the Block t-shirt, and my hair in a high side ponytail.

I think mall bangs are like when they're all poofy on top. Kinda like you have a Furby on your head or something.

Hey Supergrover, I was just reading this, and it is a bit old, BUT
I used to wear part of my hair up in a side pony-tail and the hair was CRIMPED!!! I was in the 4th or 5th grade or so...
C-Lamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Lamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

Hey thanks Hal...let me dig up a pic and post it here.

These were taken in 2003 and 2002 respectively. Both were after recent haircuts. My hair today is a lot longer, the layers are mostly grown out and in need of a trim (I'm at bsl if not longer, both sides and back).

[
See the first post on the diet days board for a very different hair pic (not to mention different bod).

you look like courtney cox abit. :)
freedomseekngrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedomseekngrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 8:20pm
Oh lord I was born in the 80's but trust me grls some of them are coming back... or atleast trying too..... What about the slits in the eyebrows? Or the stair steps on the sides... or the shaved number on the back of the head?
Freedomseekngrl
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2003 at 11:45pm
mullets and those short/uneven bangs. nuff said
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic