Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Light blond to red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Patti Rivera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Rivera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light blond to red
    Posted: May 25 2003 at 1:04pm
My sister has very light blond colored hair. She used to have it colored deep auburn red years ago. She decided she wanted to go back deep red. She has turned her hair a deep pionkish red. She told me that she had put a neutral filler on her wet hair, left it for twenty minutes, dabbed it with a towel and proceeded to color. Her hair is in fair condition, however, I am not sure what to tell her to do. Should she fill it again or try another deeper color red???????

Any advise will do

riv
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 9:14am
What do you mean by "a neutral" filler. Is it neutral in color,? no color?

Sounds like she needed a orange or copper filler...??
Patti Rivera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Rivera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 2:53pm
Thank You for writing back. Yes, the filler had no color. Did she apply it right? She tried putting another darker red on it and the same thing happened. It all just rinses away.
riv
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 4:46pm
If you are applying a dk color on light blonde hair, You need to fill with the correct color...depending on how dark dark Auburn is...usually gold, orange gold, or orange.

Now that you have pinks and blues to deal with I"m going to suggest a Colorist, because you are in the realm of corrective color.

I have to qualify my last statement, I would have suggested a Colorist to begin with. Tinting back hair is complicated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic