Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Getting the Color I Want*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Civicbabe0411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civicbabe0411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Getting the Color I Want*
    Posted: June 21 2003 at 9:16pm
I had blonde hair as a child and then it turned brown as i got older. Now it's been getting grey and I wanted to get rid of it.

What I wanted was a light brown w/ blonde highlights...to look like I've been out in the sun.

Well I went to the salon and they told me that if I got an all over color then the grey would show through more like blonde. I chose a light brown that looked like the natural color of my hair. When she was done, it was darker than I expected but it had a red tint to it!! I HATE RED!!!

So she then used something to get the red out. It did work, and it turned a little more brown but I still feel like it's got some red in it. It's now more of an auburn and that's not what I want at all.

It's now more 1 color and I wanted more of a dimensional hairstyle. Is there some way to get more of the red out? Would it be ok for me to get highlights? What color? If so, would that make it lighter and less red looking?

THANKS!

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 9:47pm
It sounds like you had the unfortunate experience of using a stylist that really does not understand the basic rules of haircoloring. There are many stylist who think they do but don't. I spent the first 7 years of my carreer thinking I understand it but I did not.

It sounds as though they did not determine the correct level of color you were before they colored and they may even used a higher volume developer that needed.

The good news is that yes it can be fixed, but your stylist does not have the know how to do it. Do your research and find another stylist. Ask your friends and even complete strangers that have great haircolor.

Let us know how it comes out.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic