Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wah! Dye on wall need remove quick!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wah! Dye on wall need remove quick!
    Posted: March 09 2004 at 7:34pm
I can't let my dad see it or he'll never let me dye my hair again.
I'm only renting this place for college, so I need to get rid of a red stain on the wall as soon as possible!
There's also a very slight pink stain on the carpet wheresome water overflowed from the bathroom (Not my fault) but it's not so noticable.

I need to fix this before friday -_-

Please help.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 7:11am
How in the world did you get dye on the wall? On second thought please donot answer! LOL! Read on the box and see if it tells you what to do. If not, they have got a Mr. Clean erase thing out now. Go to Walmart or somewhere that sells cleaning stuff and pick one up and try that! Have you tried "comet"? (I hope Karen and the rest of the board doesnot care for me mentioning name brand stuff on here.) Dollar General sells a product called "mean green". Now this stuff should take out that red dye off the carpet also! You can try a test spot and see. It should work for the wall too. Good luck to you! Let us know please how it turns out! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 10:35am
I live in Ireland so I don't know if I can get these products =/ I'll have to try bleach or cif or something.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 10:56am
Try an abrasicve cleanser. You may not have comet brand but I am sure you have something similar to comet? Be careful using bleach. Good luck to ya! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 10:53pm
Bleh, I get dye on the wall all the time, because the washrooms in this house are like the size of a closet and it's just too easy to accidentally touch something :-P . The ones here have been building up for years, though, with a random spot of purple here, a random smudge of red there. . . I really doubt it would come off after so much time to set in.
More awesome than a manatee!
jenn-jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenn-jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2004 at 1:30am
what type of paint is one the wall? What type of dye? The magic eraser thing works great, the comet (especially the gel works great on some surfaces, try something with alcohol in it, or even OOps.....
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 4:03am
The washroom walls I've accidentally got dye on are like a thin. . . wood-like panelling. . . or something. . . I guess that's why it never comes off. Should redecorate with scrubbable paint next time, I guess.
More awesome than a manatee!
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2004 at 9:55pm
If paint is oil base laquer thinner,if its latex scrub with soap and water.If that does not work cover with stain blocking primer then match paint
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic