Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straightning nightmare please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jgffjfhf View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgffjfhf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straightning nightmare please help
    Posted: November 04 2004 at 12:22pm
try using aphogee product if you dont want to cut your hair off after damaging it. the more u use it the better :

you should use it about 2 times a week. it has to stay on your hair for a while and get hard. its smells awful becuase its made of the same proteins that your hair is ! it worked for me ! its like a "brace" for your hair ! look on google or ebay , beauty supply stores might have it.

you need the shampoo , aphogee strengthener and balancing moisterizer. its important to get all 3. at least.

tinky_winky_18@netzero.com
littlerat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2004 at 2:57am
I went to JCPenney Salon and got my hair chemically straightened and it was a NIGHTMARE!!! I am experiencing hair breakage all throughout, but very noticeably on top....I am left with little tiny stubbles. I am hoping to be compensated for this stylist's neglect. I'll find out more on Friday I hope. I too think eventually I will have to get it cut short, or cut it in a style as it is growing out - whatever that style might be - this will be very interesting.

Any suggestions?
littlerat
creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2004 at 9:13am
Hi,
My hair is wavy, colored {twice a month with Hydrience light ash brown}, and as the freezy days of Summer approaches I decided to get my hair chemically straighten for the first time. I always use an extra large round brush and a flat brush to dry my hair straight and it takes me 15 minutes, which is a pain in the neck.
Yesterday I went to Eckerd, it used to be Genovese here in Long Island, NY.
I bought Easy Straight for $30.00 and went home to try my new experiment. I followed the directions using all products that came with the kit:
First I applied the moisturizing oil to protect my hair,
Then I divided my hair into 4 parts using the hair clips included,
Then I added oil to the relaxer cream and place the cream jar in the microwave for 1 minute,
Then I mixed and applied to hair as quickly as I could using my hands protected by the gloves provided by kit,
I made sure all hair was saturated with cream,
As soon as I finished applying the cream, I jumped in the shower to get all that cream out of my hair because I did not want ANY hair damage.
I did not wait not even 1 second, I applied the cream to my hair and removed it with warm water.
Then, I rinsed my hair for 5 minutes to make sure all that stinky amonia cream was off every strand of my hair,
Then I shampoo and conditioned as usual.
Then I applied a liquid that was included, it closes the pores of hair,
Then without rinsing the liquid I carefully combed hair as instructed,
I noticed I could comb my hair easely and hair felt moisturized,
Then just as instructed, after 10 minutes of combing I rinsed hair and applied their heavy duty moisturizer leave in conditioner, but just to be in the safe side I also added my own leave in moisturizer to the ends of hair so it would be extra protected, soft and shiny.
Then I combed hair, towel dry, and applied my usual silicone Frizz-out from middle to ends of my hair. I did that because I always used it to prevent frizz and I think it will help my hair if it got dry from the chemicals in the relaxer cream.
Then I let my hair air dry. I did not use a blow dryer as usual.
As I was waiting for my hair to become a frizz ball I noticed it retained its straightness. I could not believe, after dry my hair was straight, but a normal straight, nor sticking out or unnatural but all waves were gone.
It looked like I had my hair blowed dryed with a flat brush.
My hair was healthy, shiny and STRAIGHT!
I am happy, it worked for me.
My shampoo and conditioner are Brilliant Brunette made by Frieda, I bought them at Ulta.
My silicone serum is Frizz Out from Jheri Redding only found at Ulta.
My leave in conditioner can be of any brand, as long as it is for color trated hair.
Luckygirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 12:58pm
I have been using Ogilvie on my color treated hair for one year. I leave it on for 10 min at a time, every three months. I really love it! My hair is always a bit dry right after, but that goes away in a week. Remember to condition your hair often when using these products and don't use hot styling tools.
Green Eyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 11:23am
I straightened my bleached hair years ago. It stretched exactly like a rubber band.

Wound up getting a "pixie" cut.

I don't think there is much else you can do but let it grow out.
"Too soon old, too late smart."
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2004 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Ann Plummer Ann Plummer wrote:

Did your hair really get better? I may be dreaming, but I think my hair is a little better than it was Sunday 4/25/04 when I processed it with EasyStraight. I'm getting a major trim today, but might try that Redkin product you mention.
Was your hair colored and highlighted? Mine was, but the package said it would be OK, and to leave the product on for only 10 minutes, which I did. It then had the consistency of cotton candy/glue.
The company (EasyStraight) has been very responsive to my call/eMails, and is sending me a refund. Please let me know

Hello to other Easystraight users, I just used it on my hair on May 1st. and my hair is awful, frizzy and dead looking, I had about 3 inches cut off and my hairdresser told me to just keep conditioning it for now, no washing it or even pulling it back , all I can do is wear a bandana for now. Have you had any luck with it getting better after time? I am scared to death that I may have to get my hair cut really short. Any info. you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2004 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Ann Plummer Ann Plummer wrote:

Did your hair really get better? I may be dreaming, but I think my hair is a little better than it was Sunday 4/25/04 when I processed it with EasyStraight. I'm getting a major trim today, but might try that Redkin product you mention.
Was your hair colored and highlighted? Mine was, but the package said it would be OK, and to leave the product on for only 10 minutes, which I did. It then had the consistency of cotton candy/glue.
The company (EasyStraight) has been very responsive to my call/eMails, and is sending me a refund. Please let me know
Ann Plummer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Plummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2004 at 11:04am
Moo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2004 at 3:07pm
I used Easystraight and my hair was very dry and rough for the first week. I thought I ruined my hair. I got a trim as they suggest towards the end of the second week and now my hair is super straight and smooth. Any improvements for you guys?
Suzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2004 at 9:45am
not being harsh but i tink u all need to think b4 touching ur hair,your hair is a complicated thing you shouldnt mess with next time go to a proper salon,yes its more money but its worth it,as they know wot they are doin.
all i can say as a hairdresser is dont touch ur hair with ne sort of chemicals or straighners and buy a good conditioner. good luck xxx
pheobe115 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheobe115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2004 at 12:29pm
I used Easystraight on my hair on Monday. I am left with gummy feeling hair and breakage. I am not going to cut my hair off, I am searching for a conditioner or something to help stop the damage. Someone recommended CAT and I will be buying it tonight. My hair is passed my shoulders and I am not about to lose it due to my stupidity and I should have never trusted a product that says it is safe for color treated hair. Anyone with any advice please email me at pheobe115@cs.com. Thanks!
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2004 at 10:40am
Hi gggg...I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL!!!! I had the same exact hair problem happen to me. My over-the-counter hair straightener was a "Ogilvie". I called the company and they weren't very sympathic to say the least. I posted a thread about the entire nightmare! http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP881778452&id=7573 I completely buzzed my hair off...there was nothng else I could do...it was my own personal decision and solution. My hair is growing in faster and healthier then before I'am happy to say. If you don't want to go drastic as I did then I heard where a product called "CAT" by Redkin is helpful. Best Wishes that your hair will return back to it's normal condition.
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
gggg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 7:29pm
I have ruined my hair by using a home hair straightning product. My hair is frizzier then ever know and my highlights are like rubber. does anyone know what I can do to fix this fast! please help!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic