Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I dont understand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I dont understand
    Posted: June 04 2004 at 10:04am
Im a male and dyed my hair in 2001 and now for some reason i have dye in there still like before I dyed it it was brown, is it me or what, it looks light still , will it go back to brown or no?

thank you
Look up
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 5:07pm
Some people experience lightening over the summer, especially if they spend a lot of time in sunshine or chlorinated water.
Whether or not your hair "goes back to brown"... that depends on how fast your hair grows (your roots will grow out soon enough), and how brown it is (it might just be a light-enough brown that it looks lighter sometimes). also depends on what your hair has done in the past. What color was it last winter?

Anais
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2004 at 9:05pm
When I was a kid I used to get this effect. After a summer in the sun and the swimming pool, it would be noticeably lighter. I never did notice its color gradually shift as autumn and winter progressed. Just oblivious to that, I guess. Anyway, it's proof to me that the sun and chlorine do bleach out some of the pigment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic