Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bad Experience with Hairlocs Extensions & Kimarie Teter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Experience with Hairlocs Extensions & Kimarie Teter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
miamigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Experience with Hairlocs Extensions & Kimarie Teter
    Posted: January 06 2005 at 12:06pm
Hello. I just wanted to share my experience with Kimarie Teter and Hairlocs. I went to see Kimarie because I have hair loss issues and was hoping that I was a candidate for extensions. My hair loss has occurred very gradually over the last 10-12 years and it was starting to get so noticeable that I finally decided to pursue cosmetics options to
improve the appearance. I trusted Kimarie as a stylist and hairlocs “expert”, which is a mistake that I never intend to make again. I spent a total
of $1,188 on products, hair, & installation costs and you can see for yourself in the pictures that I posted what I got for my money. Of the $1,188
that I spent, only $250 was refunded.

Here's the link to the pictures. They include before & after pictures taken at Kimarie's studio during my first installation and then pictures that I took 8 weeks later, with the hairlocs still in.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN3DZm3Ztm7mY&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=0

Please let me know if you are unable to view the pictures. You may have to try the link more than once. Sometimes it doesn't work right away, but if you try it again then they come up fine.

femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 5:34pm
miami girl, i am very sorry to see those slides....i was thinking about leaving my beautician - who is a firm believer that braiding in wefts is better for me...here, i've grown a few inches of heair with her, but i kept looking at kim's advertisements and thought i was missing out on a great looking head of hair!

since i've finally registered myself at this website and really began reading the forums, i've seen that name "kim marie" pop up with some customers who are not very satisfied with her work.
i'm going back and giving my beautician a great big tip!

some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
miamigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 11:25am
I was impressed by Kimarie's website also, but that's what she's trying to sell...an image...hence IBK- Image By Kimarie. If you have something that's working for you then you should stick with it.
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 4:06am
Miamigirl,

terribly sorry to hear (and see) what the extensions did to your hair. Hopefully you had them removed in the mean time. When people ask me what I think about extensions I warn them: if not done properly, they can cause breakage. The added weight on the roots of fine hair could shorten their life cycle - which seems to be the case with you.

It is always a trade-off: your hair looks great for a while, then you have a period of looking even worse. Even the great stars (remember Celine Dione?) encounter these problems. Since the stars have money to spend they can put them in for a week, take them out again and put them back in whenever they like too. A luxury ordinary people (me included) don't have.
That's why I advise to get a haircut that suits the person and their hair. Sometimes they dream of a lot of long, lush, wavy locks and the difference with reality is just too great to make it happen. The worst part of it is that sometimes people with thicker hair are fed up with it, while others crave for it. Not too many people on this planet have exactly the hair dream of. It is too thick, too thin, too curly, too straight, too blonde, too black, etc. This creates a market for e.g. extensions, hair straightening, ... Could I only use a bit of magic, I'd fulfill a lot of customers wishes. Until that time, I try to make the most of what they got. This seems to please my customers. Maybe an option?

Take good care of your hair and try to make the most of it.
miamigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 1:36pm
HD_EU: Thank you. I have taken them out and moved on to another system that works better with my hair. Had I known that there was even a slight chance of this happening, I never would have gone forward with it. Unfortunately, I trusted the professional advice of a stylist, that in my opinion completely misadvised me. I have seen other stylists since who said that I was never a good candidate for extensions because of how thin my hair is on top. I guess you live and learn.
Wishmakerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishmakerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 11:25am
So very sorry to hear of your experience. Could you please contact me so that I can speak to you further about this? It's important. Thanks.
Christine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic