Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can I straitghten permed hair for a day??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimberly01 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberly01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I straitghten permed hair for a day??
    Posted: February 28 2000 at 7:11pm
I have medium length permed hair and I would like to be able to have it strait sometimes! When I blow dry it is very frizzy! If any one has any sugestions please let me know!! Thank you!! Kimberly
505DALLAS505 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 505DALLAS505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2000 at 7:28pm
KIMBERLY - WHEN YOU BLOW DRY YOUR HAIR DO YOU USE A MOUSSE FOR HARD TO HOLD HAIR--THAT MAY HELP FOR A DAY --TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW--M.M. OF DALLAS
happy680 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy680 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2000 at 12:23am
Howdy!
You can try putting some of a pomade in your hair when it's wet, before drying it. Also, use a big round brush and LOW heat. That should help. If you need help finding a pomade, go to a local salon, like hair cuttery or supper cuts and they can help you with finding a brand name in your area.
prissy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2000 at 11:20pm
Have you ever heard of a straightening iron. It's the best thing since sliced bread. First Make sure you blowdry your hair with a straigtening balm. Get a quality one it's worth it like Kms straight out or back to basics so straight. Comb that through hair then blow dry. Blow dry with a round brush if you want your hair to curl in . Blow dry with a straight boar bristle brush if you want it dead straight. Okay after you will use your straightening iron. Go to a beauty supply and ask for them. There's one by Belson or Gold n' Hot. Don't get one by Conair. You need a professional one. Now plug it in and turn it on. Starting at the bottom take 2 inch pieces of hair and go over it with the iron. Don't leave it on the hair too long it will burn it. it's better to go over the hair section once too. After your done you can use a glosser like shine and smooth or Biosilk silk therapy. Don't use too much a nickle size dollop is enough. This will stay as long as you don't wet the hair. After shower your back to curls. When you go in the shower though use a good deep conditioner. Paul Mitchell has a good deep therapy one. My hair is naturally curly and frizzy. But about ONce a month i take about on hour and a half to do this and it is pure heaven. I can't keep my hands off of it.
kate_910 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kate_910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2000 at 3:22pm
IIT used to take me a while to do but what I did was used a straightening conditioner(just temporary) then blow dry with a flat paddle brush. Use a straightner and then I would use a curling iron to curl my hair under. It doesnt take as long as it sounds:) Also if you take showers every day maybe just take one everyday, it helps your hair stay straight without getting wavy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic