Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Curly Hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Curlz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Curly Hair!!
    Posted: July 09 2000 at 1:03pm
I have a little longer than shoulder length curly(Not much curl right now)hair. I straighten it usually because even with how bad it looks in humidity, it still looks better than when it's curly. I have a black father and a white mother so I have very dry bushy hair. My parents don't want me to blow dry it straight because they said it will cause it to fall out someday. Is this true? I'm not going to put a relaxer in it. Can anyone suggest something to help with curl definition? All I need is to have something to bring them out so they're not dry looking. Gel and mousse just make them hard in some places and frizzy and dry in other places . Can anyone help? I will take advice on either straightening or helping the curls:)
SAD-SAM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAD-SAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2000 at 11:24am
You should try Rusk Anti curl. I have very curly hair myself my mother too is white with straight hair and my father black with very curly hair but they're both Dominicans. This product is not a relaxer is a like a texturizer changing the texture of your hair for a smoother much more manageable one. The smell is a little bad but it does the job well. I use Rusk Anti-curl 1 they have 1,2 and 3 levels to choose from. This should definitely help you, let me know how it goes.
mari View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2000 at 2:54am
Don't relax your hair!!
that isn't good for anybodies hair black or mixed..
even if they claim to be natural.
I roll mine in a bun while wet let it dry and it's straight!!
I put oil to keep it moist since dry hair breaks easy.
I never use any products to staighten my hair..no irons no chemicals, my hair is to my waist and people always ask how I grew it..from not putting chemicals such as staightners in my hair..I never blow dry..never use tight hair styles which pulls your hair out..
just condition and oil..that's it

msburhoe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msburhoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2000 at 6:01pm
I have very curly hair and it tends to lean towards the dry side . I have also tried lots of differen't products but, they usually leave my hair in worse condition . I now just rub a dab of vasiline in my hair and it works great because it helps to fight against humidity .Try it .
chaustine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaustine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2000 at 1:50am
well try going to the salon twice a month and getting it deep conditioned, also try asking your stylist for help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic