Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

want curls w/out crunch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want curls w/out crunch
    Posted: July 12 2000 at 4:50pm
I have naturally curly hair, and I am trying to grow it out. Most of the time I wore it up, but now I would like to wear it down since it has gotten longer. It is down my back to my bra strap. I like drying it naturally but haven't found anything that won't leave it crunchy. Right now I use Suave spray gel and then use an absorbing towel to take most of the moisture out (instead of blow drying it or having it get my shirt all wet). My hair still remains a little crunchy when it dries. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Natalie
Natalie
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 8:28am
Hello!
For shiny, smooth curls w/out "crunch" try the Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon. You put that in your hair once it has dried, just to add shine. Also, so it won't need to much, try to use a hot oil treatment once a week or so, depending on how dry your hair is...just warm some olive oil and work it through your hair, then leave it on for 15 min. to overnight. This works really well in my hair. You'll see it gets much softer & shinier, then you'll have to use less of the Secret Weapon =)
Best wishes,
Catriona
Curly locks View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2000 at 10:39pm
I see that I am the only one to read your case and have any suggestions. Well I hope they help some. First, using Suave is good, I use it and it doesn't give any problems. But if you use any kind of gel or hair spray it will more than likely be chrunchy. You said you rather naturaly dry your locks, thats good in this case. Before styling your wet hair, towel dry it and use a small amount of Suave's Aloe Vera conditioner, and leave it in. This will leave it soft and light when it drys. If you want it to hold use a little spray gel. Not to much or it will chrunchify!
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2000 at 4:18pm
Thanks for your help. I've tried using my conditioner and leaving it in and it does help. (I put my gel in afterwards). I've found another helpful website and tried several things from there.
Natalie
suzieq View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2000 at 2:08pm
Hi there-
I used the Frizz Ease Secret Weapon, and still got that
crun chiness. Natalie, you said you found some products on other web sites - can you recommend them?
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2000 at 10:35pm
Susieq--they weren't so much products as just things to do. One was to get a leave in conditioner or use a regular conditioner as a leave in. That's what I decided to try and it works really well...for me anyway. (I use Suave Professionals Humectant) Another thing that was suggested is to try not to towel dry too much...this can cause frizziness. Sometimes though my hair is just frizzy no matter what. :) The site has many product suggestions too but I don't have much money to spend so I try to do the "free" stuff. :)
Natalie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic