Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Think 'n'Curly unruley hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DreadLocks View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreadLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think 'n'Curly unruley hair
    Posted: July 25 2000 at 2:25pm
I have very, very, very thick hair(enough hair for 3 people, I've been told) that is wavey on top and curly on the bottom. My hair was butchered by a fantasitc sams hair stylist about 3 months ago...I ask for layers....I got very short layers, what a disater! (It was one of those days I needed a hair cutt quick and couldn't wait to see my regular hair stylist.)The hair stylist that I am going to now, is working with me to eventually get my long layers back and thins it out on top to get rid of the fullness. My hair is way to full looking, choppy looking and dry and frizzy. Does any one have any suggestions for me to get rid of the dry and frizzy look and any suggestions for hair styles. I am job hunting now and to say the least...my hair leaves the wrong impression. I need something that looks professional...which seems impossible. I am so sick of wearing my hair in a pony tail!
Please Help me....any one.
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2000 at 6:41am
For the friz, try John Freida's Frizz Ease products; especially the serum and "Secret Weapon". Actually, any & all of his products could be helpful. Also, you can use a hot oil treatment. Warm some olive oil and work it through your hair and leave it on for anything from 15 minutes to overnight. I do this once a week, but I guess you might want to do this a bit more often depending on how dry your hair is. With the oil, you'll find that your hair gets shinier and softer =)
Best wishes,
Catriona
Elizabeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2001 at 1:21am
Reply to message: 9.288.1
quote:

DreadLocks originally wrote:
I have very, very, very thick hair(enough hair for 3 people, I've been told) that is wavey on top and curly on the bottom. My hair was butchered by a fantasitc sams hair stylist about 3 months ago...I ask for layers....I got very short layers, what a disater! (It was one of those days I needed a hair cutt quick and couldn't wait to see my regular hair stylist.)The hair stylist that I am going to now, is working with me to eventually get my long layers back and thins it out on top to get rid of the fullness. My hair is way to full looking, choppy looking and dry and frizzy. Does any one have any suggestions for me to get rid of the dry and frizzy look and any suggestions for hair styles. I am job hunting now and to say the least...my hair leaves the wrong impression. I need something that looks professional...which seems impossible. I am so sick of wearing my hair in a pony tail!

Thick `n Curly hair,
I have found Ouidad, by far, to be the best for curly hair. This line was made for curly hair. All their products work and also on their website, they have a haircutting technique called "vertical layering"-carve and slice technique; another is the "rope and twist" technique: random sections of your hair are twisted into ropes, then small nips are cut all along it. I would visit Ouidad because most likely you`ll have to explain it to your stylist.

Also, we have something in common. My hair was butchered by Fabulous Fred`s and spent 2 whole years growing out the mess!! I know what you went through and I sympathize with you.

Email me if you`d like. : )
`Another Victim`
ROSALIND View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROSALIND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2001 at 1:49pm
Reply to message: 9.288.1
quote:

DreadLocks originally wrote:

MY DAUGHTER HAS THAT HAIR THAT`S WHY I`M CHECKING TO SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO. HER HAIR WAS LONG & SHE CUT IT TO HER SHOULDERS. SHE HAS A WIDE ELECTRIC CURLING IRON THAT SHE STRAIGHTENED IT WITH. SHE USES PAUL MITCHELL GLOSS DROPS . I DO IT MYSELF IT TAKES 2 HOURS TO DO . B-U-T IT LAST AS LONG AS YOU DON`T WASH IT. A GOOD TEMPORARY STYLE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic