Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i'm a kid and want a perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wantsaperm View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantsaperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i'm a kid and want a perm
    Posted: August 09 2000 at 6:05pm
I'm 13 years old and latley i've been thinking about perming my hair. My mom says it will be staticy and frizzy and very fluffy looking. I think A perm would look great on me but i need to know everything about them. please help me!!1
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2000 at 8:01pm
I can't really tell you much about the perm itself, but I got a perm when I was 13 or 14 and it turned out just fine. I liked to use mousse or spray gel when my hair was wet to keep it kind of wet looking and crunchy....that way it wasn't too frizzy. You could probably experiment a little with these and different products to find some that work they way you would want them too.
Natalie
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2000 at 6:46pm
Hello!

I got a spiral perm when I was 15 and LOVED it! It should be okay as long as you take good care of it. Another thing is, taking care of curly hair takes time. For me, it was easier to care for a perm because my hair's wavy (I didn't have to control a flip when it was all curly), but people w/ very straight hair sometimes find it difficult to take care of permed hair. I think, if you get one, just be sure to condition well, and deep condition maybe once a week. And use mousse or gel to keep the curls controlled; or John Freida Frizz Ease products (esp. the serum!).

Best wishes,
Catriona
Dazie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2000 at 5:21pm
Hi, Not to down play your mom or anything. But I recently got a perm and It's not frizzy at all. I use gel on my hair everyday and a good conditioner. I think you should listen to your mom if she doesn't want you to get one. But you may want to research how to reduce frizz so you can explain that not all perms go frizzy. :) Hope I helped.
curlingironguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlingironguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2000 at 5:50am
My first perm was when I was 14. My mom gave my sister and I a spiral perm and it turned out really good. You just have to take care of it and make sure you DONT brush through it or it will frizz. Just ask my sister. I guess it was easier for me to control the urge to brush since I am a guy. If you have long hair do the spiral curl, the curls are really cool!

kyle
boyincurlz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyincurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2000 at 8:53pm
I had my first perm when I was about 11 - with no terrible aftermath. There are many good products out there in "hairland" to ease frizz problems. Ask a hairdresser to check out your hair to see if a perm would "take" on your type of hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic