Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

want to go short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Klocks View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want to go short
    Posted: August 10 2000 at 11:52am
I have very curly hair, I have always wore it shoulder length. I have a cowlick on the right side of my forehead so I wear a side part. 2 months ago I went to chin length because I wanted a "hair break" I really like the shortness, and It was just easier. I'm now thinking of going to the next step of short, well not thinking, I have already convinced myself I am going shorter. It was reccomended to me to try a very short over the ears and very short nape cut, with volume on top. I'm seriously considering that, just to give it a try, I'm also open to other suggestions..but I'm ready to go much shorter.
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2000 at 7:25pm
Hello!

If you're ready to go much shorter, you can try cutting it like Keri Russell had it - short all over. The short curls look really nice; esp. if you have delicate features =)

Best wishes,
Catriona
klocks View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2000 at 9:32am
Thanks for the response, I was thinking of going much shorter than Kerri Russell. She still had curls all over, I'm thinking the shortnes on the sides and back would be less than 1 inch and expose my ears
rasstump View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasstump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2000 at 1:13pm
I have very curly hair and decided to cut it very short,above the ears and tapered on the sides and back about 5 years ago (somewhat like the actress Hallie Berry). I would definitely suggest doing it. Ever since I cut my hair I have no desire to go long or even chin length ever again. I basically towel dry my hair, put a little styling gel in it and I am off. It has saved me an enormous amount of time and effort and needless to say aggrevation. If you do decide to go "very" short, ask your hairstylist use the electric trimmers they use mostly for men's hairstyles. It is quick and gives a much better close to the head cut. Just remember, if you hate it - hair always grows back. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic