Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking about a perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amberanne21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amberanne21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking about a perm
    Posted: August 23 2000 at 4:13pm
I have medium length layered hair that I have been trying to grow out but I am thinking about going a head and getting a perm now. I would love to hear what others think.
Elle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2000 at 1:25am
I got a perm last year for the first time. In some ways I'm glad I did it, because it was something different and I enjoyed the way it looked initially (my hair is wavy naturally). But many months later, my hair is showing the damage the perm did to it and I know I'll never force my locks through such trauma again...my hair never been so dry and prone to breakage as well as frizzy before as it is now. Before committing yourself to a perm, consider the damage you'd be doing to your hair. And a perm can really last depending on your hair type...I can still see evidence of my perm in my hair almost a year later, while some hair types will completely lose a perm in a few months. So if you don't like it, you may have to wait a long while for it to disappear. On the plus side, a perm can look quite nice, and will add a great deal of volume to your hair.
~Elle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic