Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I straighten my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhitneyPhly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhitneyPhly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I straighten my hair?
    Posted: September 06 2000 at 10:41pm
My hair is really curly in front and underneath, but just wavy on the sides and back. I really REALLY want to grow my hair out past my shoulders (its chin length right now)and get it straightened, but Im afraid it will damage my hair alot. How bad does getting your hair straightened damage your hair? Oh yeah, and is there a difference between getting perm solution put in your hair and not curling it, and getting it chemically straightened?
Please help me!!!
~*Whitney*~
lalaland View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2000 at 3:40pm
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Curly hair is a BLESSING! I answered your other post...read it AND TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!
boyincurlz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyincurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2000 at 9:11pm
Speaking as someone with dead strait hair I envy you your curls & personally would say don't straiten em! I go to great lenghths, time & trouble to keep my hair in curly styles. (Ihave to sleep in rollers to keep it curly !!:>) )However if you do decide to straighten it check with a good stylist as to how much damage the chemicals in a straightener will do to your type of hair.
Precious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2000 at 1:19pm
There is a big difference between the two. For me it was anyway. I have naturally curly hair but it was very hard to control. Im mixed black and white and my hair gets confused :) I find that having my hair chemically straighted with a gentle black relaxer did what i needed. I am currently working on leaving the relaxer on my hair for less time so i can have more curl when i want it and yet still straighten it easily. Be aware that anything you do to your hair now is going to more than likely require you change your grooming habits big time. I used to be a wash and go type girl..now i have to wash blowdry and bump my ends. I also have to be more aware of what products i put in my hair because relaxing it does dry it out more. So I do tend to spend a little more than i used to. I hope this helps you decide whats best for you!
Precious
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic