Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! I'm on ice all day and my hair hates it!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IceHouseGuRl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceHouseGuRl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! I'm on ice all day and my hair hates it!
    Posted: November 24 2000 at 12:17am
Help!
I'm a figure skater and i have thick shoulder length curly hair, and its very dry and frizzy! when i touch it it crisps i think thats very bad. Since i do that sport it always has to be in a ponytail which to keep the frizz down i use hair spray everyday! Where do i even begin to fix this? should i go a little bit shorter until my hair is fixed? what products should i use to fix the dryness?
please help me!
CLR View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2000 at 1:57pm
Reply to message: 9.412.1
Hello, since you are a figure skater you should do what I have seen on most figure skaters, real short. I think that it would look real cute on you and since your hair is thick you should have them thin it when you do it. Hope I was some help. Let me know what you think on the post.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2000 at 4:10pm
quote:
IceHouseGuRl originally wrote: Help!
I'm a figure skater and i have thick shoulder length curly hair, and its very dry and frizzy! when i touch it it crisps i think thats very bad. Since i do that sport it always has to be in a ponytail which to keep the frizz down i use hair spray everyday! Where do i even begin to fix this? should i go a little bit shorter until my hair is fixed? what products should i use to fix the dryness?
please help me!

Hello IceHouseGuRl,

It sounds like your hair is lacking moisture. Have you considered some deep conditioning or oil treatments? They might help your hair to be softer and un-crunchy. There`s no need to go shorter; you could try some buns, which is a classic look for figure skaters. HTH. Good luck and let us know how it works for you. :-)
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2000 at 8:33pm
I really think you should get your hair thinned out and chopped shorter. I`ve seen many atheltes do that and it does look vry cute and feminine. I think in your case an angled bob might be good.

mckee
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
ellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 3:44pm
Yeah a bun would look real nice, but if you do want to go short, I don`t know if this would work with your hair but I know if I was to cut my hair short I`d have it cut in a little pixie cut - they look sooo cute and feminine!
life without hair is no life at all
ellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 3:49pm
Yeah a bun would look real nice, but if you do want to go short, I don`t know if this would work with your hair but I know if I was to cut my hair short I`d have it cut in a little pixie cut - they look sooo cute and feminine!
life without hair is no life at all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic