Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drying with Diffuser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drying with Diffuser
    Posted: November 30 2000 at 8:36am
I have long curly hair and have always had problems with frizz. I recently bought a diffuser to dry my hair and I am not sure how to use it. Should I scrunch while drying or not touch my hair at all? How far away should I hold the diffuser from my hair? Please help, I really appreciate it.
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2000 at 10:54pm
Reply to message: 9.414.1
Hi Becky, I always scrunch when using my diffuser with or without hair products. It seems if I don`t my hair doesn`t get as curly as I want it to be. I hold the diffuser anywhere from right against my curls to an inch or two away.Although I usually let my hair air-dry and every couple minutes scrunch it for maximum curl. That way my hair seems to turn out the curliest and prettiest. Good Luck!
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
Becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2000 at 11:23am
Kelly, thanks for the info. I tried it today, your right about the scrunching, I get way more curls that way. I also let my hair air dry more often, but I don`t seem to get any body that way.
LisaLuvsCreed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaLuvsCreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2000 at 5:45pm
Reply to message: 9.414.1
quote:

Becky originally wrote:
I have long curly hair and have always had problems with frizz. I recently bought a diffuser to dry my hair and I am not sure how to use it. Should I scrunch while drying or not touch my hair at all? How far away should I hold the diffuser from my hair? Please help, I really appreciate it.

Hi, im Lisa, and i love Creed. What is a good diffuser? How much did it cost? im thinking about purchasing one. i usually use my blowdryerand just lightly blast my hair but my hair drys up frizzy then. Am i doing something wrong?
"we SWIM in the FOUNTAIN of YOUTH`S
timeless MAZE, if you drink the WATER,
your youth will NEVER FADE..."
--Creed,Never Die
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2000 at 3:50pm
I have long curly hair as well and I`ve found that the best hair dryer is the remington Vortex. This thing is about $20 and can be found at any drugstore. The thing looks ridiculous but actually works. What ahppens is the difusser is also conical shaped and creates an updraft which not only diffuses the air but causes a..."vortex" that naturally lifts your hair as it dry so it adds scrunch to it. What I do is srunch and towel dry...then blow dry not touching my hair as touching it seams to break up the gel that is keeping it from frizzing. Once its dry enough I put a little anti-frizz stuff lightly over it all and that`s it.
hope this helps.
Shantel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shantel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2001 at 8:53pm
When I had time to blow dry, I would diffuse my long hair by actually lifting the hair off of its weight with the diffuser. I always left the hair dryer on low though, and tried to use as little heat as possible. I found that lifting the weight of the length of the hair while drying would also allow the root to curl, adding to the body of the hair.

Good luck and happy styling!
Shantel
We`re only as beautiful as we feel...
Texan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 8:47pm
Reply to message: 9.418.1
Hey Becky! Kelly is right. I too sometimes dry my hair with my diffuser, scrunching as I go. The best way that I have found is to let it air dry. After washing your hair leave it wet, don`t squeese out too much of the water, then comb through, put pomade or hairdressing and achol-free gel in your hand and mix. Apply to your hair (don`t get close to the roots, hair will look dirty) apply more to the ends. With both hands take a towel and scrunch(hang your head down as you scrunch). As it dries scrunch somemore, continuously scrunching as it dries. When it is fully dry your curls are curlier and your hair is fuller. Also use a clarifying shampoo to get all of the product out of your hair. Product build-up will dull your hair. Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic