Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else w/waist length curly/wavy hair???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapunzel963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzel963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else w/waist length curly/wavy hair???
    Posted: May 25 2001 at 10:08am
Just wanted to know if there was anyone else with hair similar to mine and how you deal with it, what products you find to work best etc... Thanks.
Waist length natural curly/wavy hair,
originally from Virginia :-)
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2001 at 8:45am
Reply to message: 9.631.1
Yes, I know the Hetic life style of Waist length curly hair!! My hair is curly, but I usually wear it wavey. I was my hair every morning, put it in a towel for a while so it is not dripping wet. I use TAFT - curl defining mouse and TAFT hair spray, they are the only ones that work!! I put the mouse all through my hair, and then spary it all over, I then flip my head over and repeat the mouse and spray. Then I hairdry it, but hold the nossel down so it os sort of straightening it. It does sound like a lot of chemicals but my hair always feels natural and never crunchy. If I wanna go natural and give my hair a break I flip my head over, put conditioner in it and use a defuser, pointing the diffuser upwards. It took me a long time to find this out, hope it helps!!
Atheana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atheana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2001 at 10:32am
Reply to message: 9.631.1
Yup - waist length and curly! See my later post on a new found discovery on how to detangle the mass without losing half of it! As for what I do with it...nothing! Just wash it once a week and pin it up in huge bull clips to let it dry and set the curls. When I want to wear it down, I just spray it with a little bit of water to revitalize the curls and away you go. I used to use Trevor Sorbie, Curl Form, but found that it dried out my hair leaving it feel like straw. Now I just leave it natural. By the way - I`m not a natural curly top - I usually get it permed once a year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic