Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What BEST Hair GEL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cutie3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What BEST Hair GEL?
    Posted: June 19 2001 at 8:06pm
Does anyone Know what the best hair gel is to keep my curls curly all Day? I use La Looks right now but by the end of the Days are culrs are life less! I was wondering if anyone has found the ideal hair gel yet for people with curly Hair?
Thanks for your comments and help.
daddys gurl30821 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddys gurl30821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2001 at 9:18pm
Reply to message: 9.675.1
the best hair gel is stuido hair gell, extra hold it works good for me..
Nicky
cutie3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2001 at 6:59pm
does that make your curls crunchy or soft?
curlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2001 at 12:36am
Herbal Essences stlying mousse is really great for curly hair! Also Finesse syling mousse is good too. If you are looking for a gel, try Herbal Essences.
cutie3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 2:41am
Reply to message: 9.710.1
does mousse or gel work better on curly hair?
raynboe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynboe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2001 at 12:36pm
try versastyler by nexxus. if you let your hair air dry it will be crunchy but you can soften it by using a blow dryer - no diffuser.
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2003 at 12:06pm
Hi all! As a fellow curly-wavy head, I'm always searching for a good, hopefully cheap hairstyling product. LA Looks just came out with their reformulated line of products, and this time they have several in their "Curl" line. I got the Curl Look Frizz Control Gel(it's the bright turquoise one) and the hold level is Mega Hold(#8 on a scale of 10). It's great, and it really does define and hold curls very well. A handy tip - to refresh curls, instead of applying more gel, mist with water and scrunch - it revives the power of the gel. If you just keep applying more gel, it WILL build up into the dreaded crunch. Another tip, if you just wish to perk up your bangs for instance, a bit of spray gel helps - but again, go easy! I used to use their light green Mega Hold gel, but the new one for curls is much better, IMO. Price is right, too - $2.99 for a big bottle at Savon! HTH!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 5:16am
mousse is better then gel because gel tend to weigh the hair down from my experienced. Mousse is good because it is light, the application of mousse allow the whole hair to be coverd with out overloading it. Besides curls do look better in mousse
ARGHH
periwinklemermaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote periwinklemermaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 5:07pm
I love all the Frizz Ease products. For this case, I'd recommend their serum and mouse. The serum adds shine, softness, and tackles frizz. The mousse (I'm almost embarrased to say) makes my hair so bouncy even I can't help but boing my curls!!!! (Normally I bite anyone trying to mess with my hair ).
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 4:04pm
I think gel works better than mousse because mousse tends to dry out my hair & make it even frizzier. Mousse might be better for wavy hair, but if your hair is really curly you need something to weigh down the curls a little.

With all that said, I really don't use either. I might occasionally use gels in the winter when it's not very humid, but for the most part I stick with pomades. Ouidad's Clear Control is a good one, & recently I've found one that's really amazing, Beauty Cream by Phytologie. It's kind of pricey but I just use a tiny bit & the jar I bought will last at least 6 months. It's a pretty soft hold that doesn't leave the hair "crunchy" and it's almost eliminated my frizzies, even with all the dampness we've had in the northeast the past few weeks. I highly recommend it.
Hermione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 7:26am
I just tried Bath & Body Works "Curl on Cue" gel, and it works really great! It's thick, so you don't need to use much of it, and I didn't see any sort of drying alcohol listed in the ingredients. It doens't dry crunchy even if you air-dry, but it controls the frizzies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic