Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone need help with hair questions, Vicki will help answer your questions and give your great answers!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone need help with hair questions, Vicki will help answer your questions and give your great answers!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tanny luver View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanny luver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2002 at 4:57pm
hi i need help my hair is spongy and my mom want my hair to be to my shoulder and have it permenintyly starighten shoud i do it
Jennefer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2002 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by billabong_gurl12345678 billabong_gurl12345678 wrote:

Hey you guys! I am a perfessional hairstylist and I would be happy to answer your questions!

Thank-You
Hi, I have made myself a hair appointment on Friday may 3. I have long naturally curly hair that is brown. I am looking to color it maybe with some highlights to lighten it up around my face and maybe a red faded into it all over. I was also going to cut it to 3 inches below my shoulders and layer it with the shortest layer being chin length. I have not had my hair done in 10+ years and need some tips for what to ask for and what to stay away from. I heard permanent color is bad for naturally curly hair and semi permanant gloss is better . Can you help??
Reshey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reshey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2002 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by m.y.o.b m.y.o.b wrote:

I have a wide square face and I'm in the process of growing out some thick heavy bangs which did absolutley nothing for me, (they are about half an inch from being able to be tucked behind my ear completly)
I don't think I suit the bangs completely out and was wondering if I should get some wispy bangs put in.
I have light/medium brown hair which is around three inches below my ears with a few layers. It is natuarally curly, but I straighten it. I'm 16.

hey Vick...how r u?
I have VERY VERY Curly hair and my prom is coming up and i have no idea what style to do with it. Its up to the center of my back and its VERY thick. So if u can give me an idea on what i should do with it i would be VERY HAPPY. (i don`t want to cut it.
Thanks...
punknessgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punknessgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2002 at 3:03am
Uhmm dont take me wrong but i dont think "Vicky" is ever going to answer your questions. she probably isnt really even a hair dresser and thought it would be funny to lead people on to believing she could help..look how many people posted here and not one reply..its sad.. they should get a real hairdresser to answer questions on here, it wouldnt be a bad idea!
see ya
melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2002 at 6:07pm
i`ve dyed my hair black on june 2 on sunday today is wed. i want to dye it brown again how long do i have to wait or can i dye it today
Tammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 10:41am

Hey you guys! I am a perfessional hairstylist and I would be happy to answer your questions!

Thank-You

Hi, I have curly hair that`s also dry and frizzy as well as brittle! I can`t leave it down, because it poofs up, and I look like I`ve just been electricuted! Besides, when that happens it makes me hot. I`d like to do something about it, preferably BEFORE summer. Do you have any suggestions? If you do, that would be GREAT!

thanx,

Louisa

ps - I`m a teenager, and my mom said my hair might be going through hormonal changes, but I was wondering if there`s anything to kinda hide those changes.
Tammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 10:46am

Thank-You

Vicki,

Sorry I didn`t leave my e-mail address to respond to (or anyone else if they have a suggestion).
PlayboyBabydoll69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlayboyBabydoll69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2002 at 7:34am
Hey guys. my name is alea and i`m 75% black and then 25% asian so i have curly think fizzy hair.it suck. i have to use the brown hard gel for it to stay down. i hate it. i saw a few people talking about a curly book. what is this curly book and where can i get it? or do you guys have any ideas on what i can do?
curly girl fan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curly girl fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2002 at 10:55am
babydoll, I highly recommend the Curly Girl book, it is at all major bookstores, or you could go to amazon.com and search for "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey. Be sure to read all the customer reviews too. This little book has made a *major* difference in my frizz...:)
kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 6:13pm

Thank-You

Hey Vicki!
i`m going on vacation pretty soon, i have curly, sometimes frizzy hair, what i`m asking is can u give me some tips for curly hair in the sun and some neat hair -dos ( like a kewl , easy ponytail!)
Thanx Always!
Kitty
Terry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 2:22am

Thank-You

Hi Vicki. I`ve been looking for a picture of a cut I had in the 70`s called a short gypsy. My hair was permed and layered. It was short at the top and had soft curls (real roller kind) each at a different length to right above my sholders. I would put rollers in it with a gel, turn my head upside down, brush it out, run my fingers through it and it would fall into place with soft curls from the top to the bottom. I loved this cut, it was beautiful and a breeze to take care of. I have tried for YEARS to find anyone that has any idea what I`m talking about and failed. Have any ideas? Terry
lspiers View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lspiers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2002 at 10:53am
Ok guys, I don`t think this "hair-stylist" is going to answer any of your questions. It has been 5 months!! Go to naturallycurly.com. It`s a great place, even if you don`t have really curly hair, like me. I get tons of frizz-control and moisturizing tips from there!!
Lisa Quinones View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quinones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2002 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Amanda Amanda wrote:

Thank-You

vicki ho can i get my hair curly for a day?

I need help. i have curly dried fried hair. last night my dad cut my hair short but he cut it as short as a boy. please tell me what i can do to grow it back to at least chin lenght in 1-2 months. please help. thank u
Volleyball Chik21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Volleyball Chik21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2002 at 6:53pm
My mom has wavy hair with some curls in it. It`s about just below her chin. She wants to get it cut but she hasn`t had any luck finding a style she likes. Got any ideas??
Tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 11:57pm

Thank-You

help!!!!i have curly hair and i love it straight in but i have to iron it and stuff but i want it to be better and it kills my hair so can u help???
Tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 12:05am

Thank-You

i have curly hair and i iron it and its like 2 inches away from my butt,i have to cut about 1 inch off but i dont want to iron it so any thing i can do oh and wen i blow dry it it boof ball like up to my sholder, i tryed strighters but no the didnt work and iam 14 alomstr 15 please help me
NES View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 9:02pm
Billabong I desperatley need help. Im a teenage guy and i know nothing about hair or styling. My hair used to be wavey but recently started to get curly (it still has some wave though). Ive never been able to style it, my hair is so hard to style i have to soak it just to comb it (and i still get cowlicks) and then when it dries it looks like i just woke up, it never stays the way i comb it. i cut it short (about an inch and a half on top) and i want a look that will make me look good (ESPECIALLY to girls). THANK YOU please email me with an answere
NES View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 9:04pm
Forgot my email address N_Starr27@yahoo.com
noodle hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2002 at 8:33am
Go to www.naturallycurly.com and other curly girls will help you. It` a great site to learn about your curly hair.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 8:02am
So, where the heck is Vicki. No show.

We are better off helping each other out. I think that`s the main point of these boards anyway. :-)
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic