Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Male that wants to get CURLY Hair!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Male that wants to get CURLY Hair!!!
    Posted: March 07 2002 at 2:44pm
Hey all, I am an 18 year old male and have staright hair that is a little wavy and curly but isn`t. It is a couple of inches long and I wanted to get it all curly.

How should I do this? Should I get a perm? Can a guy get a perm? How much are they? How long do the curls last for?

As you can see I am not a hair person and need a lot of help. I want to know some stuff before I actually get it done...THANK YOU@!!
Darin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2002 at 4:19pm
Mike,

A perm would be cool for you. Why not try it out?

Ask your stylist about getting a perm? Or if you don`t have one, then find one. Perms for guys are acceptable. I have had several..I had my first one at 18 (I`m now 23).

I`ve paid anywhere from 45 dollars to 65 dollars...it really all just depends on where you go. I only prefer going to smaller places...mainly where there is only one stylist...I guess I am kind of shy and would not want the world to see me getting a perm done.

The curls will last for 3 months about....you need to go in and get your hair trimmed to keep up the look..otherwise, the new hair that is growing in will start mixing in with the permed hair and it will look crappy.

If you have any questions, drop me an email

Good luck.

Darin
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2002 at 10:35pm
thanks a lot for the help man! I think I will go ahead and get it done later this week. I guess I am just liek you in wanting to go to a smaller place so I dont have everyone looking at me, lol.

thanks again!
darin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2002 at 7:15pm
Mike,

Wish you the best of luck with the perm...i`m sure you may endure some teasing but you will also get a ton of compliments I`m sure and some people may want to imitate your style...everyone likes to try new things with their hair!

Take care and let us know how it goes

darin

dart_98@yahoo.com
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 8:17am
thank you darin. I just have 1 more question that popped into my head....how long does the perm take?

thanks again, you have been a very big help. I will be going to get the perm done on Friday.

Mike
Darin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 3:35pm
Mike,

Thanks for te reply. Well, it can take anywhere from 1.5 hours to 4 hours. For your hair, as you described it, my best guess is that it will take about 2 hours total. I got one done once (just the top) and that took about 1 hour 25 minutes. It just depends. I had the whole head done and that took about 2 hrs 15 minutes. It also depends on 1) how quickly and accurately the stylist rolls your hair onto the rods
2) how your hair takes the curl.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...are you going for a real curly style?

Thanks

Darin

dart_98@yahoo.com
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2002 at 9:20am
well I got the perm done and I am glad I did. I really like this new curly hairstyle. The stylists were really complimenting how good it came out and how good it looked. so have a lot of my friends.

I felt a little awkward getting the perm and being under the heat thing. but it wasn`t so bad...

I only got the top done since the bottom is too short.

just wanted to say thanks for the help because it was really helpful. take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic