Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Umm, Just wondering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Val View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Val Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umm, Just wondering
    Posted: May 31 2002 at 9:16pm
I have pretty strange hair - it`s curly most of the time. somtimes it`s straight and uniform behaves, on other ocasions, it`s frizzy and hmmm "poofy" I dont mind having curly hair to a certin extent, are there anyways of getting my hair to hmm "loc" as in stick togeather to avoid the "poofy" days.

Ah, Thanks, Val
Val View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Val Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2002 at 7:31pm
errr I see, guess it`s not possible, looks like a job for gel then, thanks anyway.

Val

By the way whats a good color for semi curly hair? if you dont know thats cool too.
sammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2002 at 5:15am
Try vitapointe leave in conditioner, works for me.
Sammy
carissa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 4:49pm
any color is good for curly hair! When I was a child my hair was golden brown, as i got older it turned dark brown. I have also gotten blonde highlites, even done some red before. Just make sure that if a all over coler is wanted make sure the tips match the top. if not, it makes it look frizzy. aslo, if highlites are done, get them in big chunks. The curls look healthier and way more attractive.
Tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 12:29am
Originally posted by carissa carissa wrote:

any color is good for curly hair! When I was a child my hair was golden brown, as i got older it turned dark brown. I have also gotten blonde highlites, even done some red before. Just make sure that if a all over coler is wanted make sure the tips match the top. if not, it makes it look frizzy. aslo, if highlites are done, get them in big chunks. The curls look healthier and way more attractive.

hey well i have this thing i heard about 2 years ago and i tryed it and it worked wen u are out side getting a tan put braied pig tails (like brittney spears old ones) and its like u own high lights but like precet with ur hair color i like it and so try it k
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 9:46am
A note of caution on color: I don`t recommend just getting color for the heck of it if your hair is already dry, which is often the case with frizzy hair. Hair becomes frizzy when it takes on moisture from the surrounding air--and it does this because it is more porous and prone to puffing out in humidity. Hair dyes work by expanding the hair shaft with a high-ph base, often ammonium, and hence lets the color penetrate. This process, however, IS damaging, no matter how "gentle" the product claims to be. The color MUST penetrate the shaft or else it wouldn`t last! Hair in good condition can usually take this process a few times before getting crispy fried, but I really wouldn`t recommend color on hair that is frizzy to begin with. I recommend using a silicone serum and a great moisturizing conditioner (I love John Frieda Frizz Ease line.) Good luck! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic