Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best ceramic iron for Curly hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
specialk2874 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialk2874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the best ceramic iron for Curly hair?
    Posted: June 07 2002 at 2:28pm
My hairdresser tried his ceramic irononmy VERY curly hair and it straightned my hair beautifully in 15 min. The brand I saw on this said "Global Beauty" Is this the same a the "CHI" product? I would like to purchase a professional one no matter what the cost.

Thanks,
specialk
carissa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 4:41pm
I`ve found that there are a lot of different ceramic irons on the market. My bestfriend/hairstylist tells me that the chi iron is the best. i`ve been putting a little bit of money away every chance i get. I have very small spiral curls, up to my chin. i`m trying to grow it long again. Untill then I`ll straighten it so it looks longer. You can find a fell different sites on the web by typing chi ceramic iron in a saerch engine. I used msn.com. It costs over $100.
Frizzynhatingit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzynhatingit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2002 at 10:51am
IM GETTING A CERAMIC IRON!! :-) I ordered the HAI ceramic iron off of folica.com on Saturday night and it should be here tomorrow!! I chose 2nd day delivery. I CANNOT WAIT!! I have never ever ever been able to duplicate the straight, sleek salon look at home. Now this will make straightening 1000000000x better and easier. and plus im so lazy, so I wont have to blow-dry my hair perfectly straight beforehand. I can even just let it air-dry overnight and straighten in the morning!! I have fairly wavy hair but I have a rather tight wave pattern in the back of my head that makes straightening with a blow-dryer at home NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. I`ll post results soon!! :-) :-)
Kristin17 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 2:14pm
I tried air-drying overnight with my hair in a low ponytail but it didn`t work. :( My hair was still quite damp and I had to blow-dry for a few minutes so I could straighten with the iron. And my hair didn`t look really good anyways. I think I`m going to blow-dry the night before then use the iron the next morning. That would prolly fit my styling needs better. Anyone wanna share their flatiron techniques?? :)
Tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Kristin17 Kristin17 wrote:

I tried air-drying overnight with my hair in a low ponytail but it didn't work. :( My hair was still quite damp and I had to blow-dry for a few minutes so I could straighten with the iron. And my hair didn't look really good anyways. I think I'm going to blow-dry the night before then use the iron the next morning. That would prolly fit my styling needs better. Anyone wanna share their flatiron techniques?? :)

well if i were u i have my sister iron it wen i get out of the shower and sleep on it then blow dry it in the moring but i have really curly hair
madjas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 12:55pm
I was recently at Sally Beauty Supply and noticed that they have a ceramic curling iron and a line of products (ION) that go along with the iron. I asked the woman there and according to her "we can`t keep it in stock" IT is only 39.99 compared to the 100.00 ones. I did not buy it but it is worth a try for others on a budget and it is returnable within 90 days. IF anyone tries it or has tried it I would be interested in hearing your results. By the way is the Tweezerman really a good tweezer or are they all the same? I need a new one for my eyebrows and was wondering if I should spend the extra dollars for one.
threejobs!
renn_is_hot7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renn_is_hot7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2002 at 1:11pm
Solano Sapphire is the best
(i think it`s like $100)

http://www.ufanz.com/teams/deadsy/tracking.php?ti=177&mi=12599">Click Here

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic