Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Perming Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpazzySparkler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpazzySparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Perming Questions
    Posted: August 15 2002 at 12:31pm
Hy , I just have a few questions about perming that hopefully will be answered before I decide to get a perm:
1) Approximetly how long does a perm last?
2) Are you allowed to brush your hair during a perm?
3) Does Humidity ruin your perm? (how?)
4) How much damage do perms do to your hair, and in which ways? Those are pretty much all the questions I have. Feel free to add anyother tips (like different hair care products) Thanx
Gwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2002 at 7:05pm
1) My mom said usually perm lasts about 5 months to even a year... it really depends on how you take care of it and it also depends on your hair type..

2)That is a huge no no! Unless you have conditioner in your hair- never ever brush your permed hair! it will just get frizzy and static-ky! It will also ruin your new curls/waves.

3) Not really... but again, it really depends...For me, it just damages my hair a little bit until my next shampoo. My mom and I usually have frizzy hair when it`s humid...but if we prepare for it... (take good care of it)... it`ll be fine. Many curly/wavy girls battle with humidity... humidity makes your hair frizzy and float...really hard to take care of...at times

4) Actually, for me, I have to admit that there was hardly any damage for my hair. Learning how to take care of my permed hair(curly) has helped me to make my hair really healthy. But the damage relies on how you take care of your new permed hair. So for example, if you don`t do much to fight off the frizzies and etc... then obviously, you`re putting no effort to your new permed hair... so the result won`t be pretty as well.

P.S: I would suggest that you talk to your stylist before you get a perm...ask him/her if your hair is healthy enough to take the perm very well... and if you get a perm... and it turns out horrible...go to your stylist right away and ask him/her to help you... with your permed hair... o by the way, ask them for good products for permed hair and how to take care of permed hair. Good luck!
Gwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2002 at 7:08pm
1) My mom said usually perm lasts about 5 months to even a year... it really depends on how you take care of it and it also depends on your hair type..

2)That is a huge no no! Unless you have conditioner in your hair- never ever brush your permed hair! it will just get frizzy and static-ky! It will also ruin your new curls/waves.

3) Not really... but again, it really depends...For me, it just damages my hair a little bit until my next shampoo. My mom and I usually have frizzy hair when it`s humid...but if we prepare for it... (take good care of it)... it`ll be fine. Many curly/wavy girls battle with humidity... humidity makes your hair frizzy and float...really hard to take care of...at times

4) Actually, for me, I have to admit that there was hardly any damage for my hair. Learning how to take care of my permed hair(curly) has helped me to make my hair really healthy. But the damage relies on how you take care of your new permed hair. So for example, if you don`t do much to fight off the frizzies and etc... then obviously, you`re putting no effort to your new permed hair... so the result won`t be pretty as well.

P.S: I would suggest that you talk to your stylist before you get a perm...ask him/her if your hair is healthy enough to take the perm very well... and if you get a perm... and it turns out horrible...go to your stylist right away and ask him/her to help you... with your permed hair... o by the way, ask them for good products for permed hair and how to take care of permed hair. Good luck!
Gwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2002 at 7:08pm

SpazzySparkler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpazzySparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2002 at 7:31pm
Thank you so much gwen , your answers really helped me! (i hope you see this) SpazzySparkler
Gwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2002 at 2:27pm
anytime hun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic