Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What kinds of curling products leave your curls soft instead of straw-like?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What kinds of curling products leave your curls soft instead of straw-like?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kinds of curling products leave your curls soft instead of straw-like?
    Posted: August 28 2002 at 2:53pm
What products leave your curls soft and frizz free instead of gross, frizzy and coarse?
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2002 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Stinka Stinka wrote:

What products leave your curls soft and frizz free instead of gross, frizzy and coarse?

i dont really think its a matter of WHICH product but HOW TO APPLY A N Y particular product.

my advise is to use a good serum....ie. frizz ease
when ur hair IS SOAKING WET: DO NOT TOWEL DRY UR HAIR AFTER HAVING A SHOWER: this is crucial as most products will leave ur hair clammy and sticky if u do not apply the product when ur hair is really wet.

then allow ur hair to airdry........ remember....u want natural looking soft curls....
if u use any heat appliance u will only dry ur hair leavin it in a distressed condition.

hope this helps
:|
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
&:-)curly1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote &:-)curly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2002 at 3:58pm
I`m having pretty good luck with John Frieda`s Funky Chunky (sheer veneer texturizer) from his Sheer Blonde line. It`s like a very thin gel that doesn`t dry crunchy.

Oh, and don`t be afraid to try Sheer Blonde products if you are not blonde, that has to be one of the stupidest marketing decisions of the year.
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 10:58am
i totally agree with above post!!

i have really dark brown layered hair....and i have been using the sheer blonde range...its really good!

the funky chunky is probably the best serum ever... i brought it 2 days ago..and have been using it....and its twice as effective as the normal frizz ease serum.... PLUs it dont dry ur hair out....ur hair becomes incredibly soft!

I also use the sheer blonde pomade....and that does wonders too :)

AND also, the sheer blonde deep conditioning treatment is the best ive come across so far....

---------------x
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 5:09pm
Really? Thats amazing!

I was frightened about using Sheer Blonde, or any of that Citre Shine stuff. Im scared that it`ll lighted my massively dark brown hair, and I want to keep it that way.

Do any of these products lighten your hair?
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 3:40pm
nope not at all :)

its for specifically blonde hair....bleached etc.

because its more gentler on ur hair....and more...like moisturising etc...

because u know how bleached hair is... damaged

so thats all...just leaves ur hair more softer....doesnt lighten ur hair dont worry :)
---------------x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic