Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best product to use to blowdry hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best product to use to blowdry hair?
    Posted: November 04 2002 at 7:55am
which products do you think are the best?
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 3:13pm
It really depends upon your desired style and your hair`s natural texture and condition. My friend and I have very similar hair (wavy, dry and thick) but we have completely different objectives when it comes to heat styling. She likes the bedhead look, and since her hair is short it looks great on her. That requires using gel at the roots for lift and pomade on the ends while drying. I, however, have shoulder-length hair that I dry stick straight. I can usually achieve my frizz-free goal with gel and silicone spray for shine and smoothness. I really like European Slick Melting Gel by Tresemme for keeping my hair straight and smooth, even in the highest humidity. For the spray I use a generic beauty supply brand with the same ingredients of those in the salon.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 3:16pm
thanks
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
szn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2002 at 6:34pm
I`ve been blowing my curly hair straight for years.
I`ve experimented with all types of straightening balms, creams, sprays!
I think each person has to find their own combination of what works best.
What seems to work for me is a spray on leave in volumizer/conditioner, with a small amount of shine serum. After drying my hair, I apply a bit more shine serum and I`m done. I have been using Biosilk serum for years. Expensive, yes, but a little goes a long way, a bottle can last me more than a year! As far as the leave in conditioner spray, I use Matrix Amplify, but I think any kind will do.
Every time I have ever used a product designed to help temporarily straighten my hair, my hair has looked dry, dull, and my blowout doesn`t last as long. Almost all of these products contain alcohol, which is probably the culprit. Adding the leave in conditioner to your hair before blowdrying not only helps it look smoother and shinier, but it keeps it healthy in the long run.
Szn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic