Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My hair is so damn fried when I blowdry! Nothing workds, help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair is so damn fried when I blowdry! Nothing workds, help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair is so damn fried when I blowdry! Nothing workds, help!
    Posted: November 19 2002 at 2:28pm
Hey.

I just bought John Freida`s Wind Down Straightening Creme, and I tried it last night. It made my hair really, really soft, no doubt, but my hair got so heat frizzed that I coudln`t even finish blow drying (on the low setting).

What heat setting should I blow dry on? And how long should I wait to try and blow dry again, because it`s frizzy now.

My hair is normally curly, and I`m fine with wearing it that way, but I`d like it straight once and a while.

I have a conair flat iron, but I wanted to try someting new; see what procedure and what product works better.

Should I deep condition before I blow dry straight? Should I blow dry on the cool setting always?

What should I do?! Gah!
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 4:21pm
Probably not the answer you`re looking for, but...what about just not blowdrying/ironing your hair?

Have you tried setting your hair on really big rollers to straighten it? I used to use toilet paper rolls or those frozen juice cans when I wanted straight hair. It left my hair straight with lots of volume, and best of all, no heat damage.
Natalie
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 4:30pm
i have had this problem also- i have blowdried my hair before and it always comes out pouffy and frizzy. Then i see all these girls who blowdry their hair and its sleek and every thing. well, since you have curlier hair... i think thats what you said... i would try a leave in conditioner before you blowdry, and maybe a shine serum after you are done. dunno though, cuz i`ve never tried it this way- i always just let my hair air dry(but if i want to straighten it: i let it air dry and then use a straightening iron) that works best for me. anyways, i`ve babbled enough.
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2002 at 9:23am
whenever you blowdry your hair,. ofcourse it will be frizzy and dry.....

you have to apply products after you have blowdried to set the style and smooth away frizziness, that is the secret to a perfect blowdry :)

so, after you have blowdried, apply a small amount of hair pomade to your hands, rub together and smooth over the surface of your hair.

the best way to do this is to tip your head upside down, hold all your hair together as if you are about to tie it up, and then smooth over the ends :)
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
szn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2002 at 6:15pm
I agree with the leave in conditioner. I use a spray on kind, then a bit of shine serum. After I`m done blowdrying, a apply a bit more serum.
You should be deep conditioning your hair once a week anyway if its dry.
Also, blow dry on the warm setting, not HOT, warm. The cool setting won`t get your hair as smooth, which is probably what is causing the frizz.

Trust me,I`ve been blowing out my curly hair for about 10 years, and very rarely have frizz.
Szn
liz_nazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_nazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2002 at 2:41pm
oh, and another thing....apply either a straightening balm or serum or mousse to your hair when wet, then wait prefferably overnight until your hair is compeletely dry... this way you will be able to style your hair better and it will have a longer lasting hold :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic