Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curl looseners?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Architink View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Architink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curl looseners?!
    Posted: March 05 2003 at 8:18pm
Someone please help me!

I am African-American and have extremely wavey hair in the front of my head and tight corkscrews every where else. I have always straightened my hair with a relaxer but recently decided to grow my hair out curly. I have well defined curls but they are way too tight and fuse together. The curls need to be loosened somehow. Other wise I have a huge tangled lampshade shaped hair-do

All the salons I've tried say they can loosen my curls with some $200 process which is just insane. creams and serums don't help either.

I've heard of texturizers but I have no clue to what they are and how they effect the hair. Can someone please give me information on texturalizers or some process that will loosen but not completely straighten my curls?

Architink
Architink View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Architink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2003 at 12:30pm
I meant to say "texturizers" not "texturalizers" if that helps any.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2003 at 1:54pm
What's wrong with natural African hair?
Lady Maria
Architink View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Architink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2003 at 7:07pm
Nothing is wrong with natural hair. If i had a problem with natural hair, I would continue using a relaxer.

However, my hair is very thick and the curls fuse together no matter what kind of detangling product I use. My hair becomes a mass of tangles and is too difficult for me to properly take care of it.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 9:27am
What about a permanent wave on very large rods?

Just rearrange the curl pattern.?? We have rods the size of a silver dollar in diameter.
Architink View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Architink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 5:56pm
Thanks Sophie,

I'm going to a local salon on Tuesday, so I'll ask the stylist about that.

Architink
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 7:08pm
Let us know, Arch. Good luck.
Architink View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Architink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 6:07pm
Hey Sophie!

I went to the salon, the good news is that the stylist gave me a great hair cut but the bad news is that she had no idea as to how to style my hair.

I had to come home, wash the clump of gel out of my hard and frizzy hair and properly blowdry my hair straight.

She did recommend me to one of her colleages though, so I'll call her over the weekend to ask her on how to loosen my curls properly....and if she doesn't know, then I'll just have to try one of those home texturizer kits and be my own guinea pig. Either way, I'll tell ya how it goes. Thanks for your help!

Architink
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 7:34pm
OR get on the phone and find a Stylist with hair similar to yours.??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic