Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i need help on dry, frizzy, damaged curly hair!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need help on dry, frizzy, damaged curly hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amy10123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy10123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need help on dry, frizzy, damaged curly hair!!
    Posted: May 18 2003 at 4:38pm
hey, i really need some help on frizzy, dry, coarse, damaged hair..what can i use to help prevent all that?!?! like what products?!?! also i need help on sraightening naturally thick curly hair?!? PLEASE HELP ME!!-thanks sososo much!-love always-amy
periwinklemermaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote periwinklemermaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 4:52pm
My favorite product line of all time has to be Frizz Ease by John Freida. The serum is MAGICAL. You will LOVE it I promise!! I've also had success with several Aussie products, like Dewplex leave in conditioner/styler in one, and different pomades.

My problem is that after a while my hair gets too used to the products, so my recommendation is once you run out of something, go and buy something different. Sometimes you'll end up with products that don't work well, but if you overuse great products they won't work at all.
robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 10:16pm
I use suave tropical coconut conditioner with some fx curl defrizz, and some aloe vera gel sometimes too and it seems to work great all day.
Breitni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breitni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 10:51am
I used to have that problem when I was 10. You should stick with the curley hair and not straight. After you get out of the shower brush it while it's soaking wet. Towel dry it a little bit, then use Panteen Pro-V Curl Up Mousse. A little tip, gel weights your hair down. I have long, thick, spiral curls. My hair is very curley, I mean super. Mousse works better than gel. Always allow your hair to air dry.
YO MAMA!
Laurenb02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurenb02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 11:40pm
To keep my frizzy curly hair under control, I use either Aussie mega moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, or Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner. Pantene is a little oilier than others and it helps for dry hair. Also, this may sound weird, but I still dye my hair either a shade lighter or darker to keep it conditioned. Im not sure if its ok, but i do it every few months and my hair seems easier to manage and VERY smooth. Try it. It really works for me.
ikana82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikana82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 12:02am
yah its easier to keep your curly hair curly as opposed to making it straight, but sometimes you just want straight hair! hee hee, I know the feeling! My hair is thick too and I have been to countless salons hoping they could straighten it, but it always turned out frizzy and just "blah!" But recently i've tried the chi iron and it worked! My hair was super straight and in less time than i could imagine! (I've got lotsa hair!) My hair was straight in 15 mins! I was really impressed!.....but I'm still debating whether I really wanna spend $150 on the "real chi iron" or if I'm gonna get one of those cheaper ones at Sally's. People say the one at Sally's works the same as the chi irons, but i dunno.....
shannon g View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannon g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 7:03pm
It's definitely better to leave your natural hair alone than to try to change it because it will do a bit of damage to your hair. Curly hair tends to be quite dry and frizzy, therefore, you need to rejevunate your curls by keeping it really moist. I would suggest that when you take a shower, place the conditioner in your hair and comb it while the conditioner's in your hair. Then I would suggest that you get a spray bottle as well and place a bit of conditioner in it and fill the rest of the bottle with water and mix the ingredients in the bottle. Turn your hair upside down and keep spraying the content to your hair and curl each section using your fingers. And rinse your hair with cold water for shine and control. You should use curly hair products from L'oreal and other companies for control. To keep your hair extra moist, spray your hair with water throughout the day. This really helped me to keep my hair in control back then, when I had wavy/curly hair.
Leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 12:23am
I have the same prob. I love FX Curls Up. It works really great. also get a good Intensive treatment conditoner ( Infusium 23 Power Pack Conditioner)

If you really want to go straight, GO TO A PRO!!!!
Sometimes if you do it you self, you can get horrible results. Best of luck Leslie.
paulaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2004 at 12:58am
Curly hair is not a curse, it's all about the right products and the patience to take care of it.

My daughter has natural, beautiful long curly hair (much like Halle Berry's new look). It took quite a bit of time for us to figure out how to work with it, but one of the best websites we've found is http://www.ouidad.com. This site lets you do a profile, and them picks the products that would be most beneficial to you. A bit on the expensive side, but well worth the money if you really want to love your curls.

Also, find someone who specializes in cutting curly hair and is in high demand. My daughter and I recently found a woman in Huntington Beach, CA, who is in constant demand for her talents regarding curly hair cuts.

The Ouidad website also helps you to find salons and stylists in your area who have gone to school or specialize in Ouidad's "slice and dice" cuts.

For anyone in the Orange County, California, area who is looking for a superb stylist, let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with the information that you're looking for.

Good luck,
Paula F
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic