Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Can I do with my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CurlzandTwirlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlzandTwirlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Can I do with my hair
    Posted: August 05 2003 at 9:10pm
My hair is so so so so so curly and the only think I canreally do with it is to put it up in a pony tail or to where it in braids.. When I wear it down it turns into an afro and im WHITE i dont need an afro...if anyone has a solution for me will you please email....i have used so many product gels..etc..I just dont know what to do....get back to me asap...plz......sammi
Sammi K
ajcobbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajcobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 12:38pm
Honey, I know your pain. I have naturally curly hair. I'm biracial, and have chemically relaxed my hair for about four years until my stylist told me my once thick hair was now thinning out. Well, she tried a new product on my hair that I absoutly love!! I wash my hair with pantene hydrating curls shampoo and conditioner ( i only wash like every three days cause curly hair tends to be dry, try wraping you hair at night with a silk scarf). While in the shower, comb conditioner though your with your finger. Let it stay in a few minutes, rinse and i like to let it pretty damp, like twist it and put a clip on it. Then, I use a wide tooth comb and apply a thick mousse (believe it or not) Rave is good and I like Sauve too. I use about a hand full. Well, the product I told you about is called Making Waves, Curl Defining Texturizer and Graham Webb makes it. I LOVE it! It's a bit expensive, that why I also use moussee in my hair, but the Texturizer is like a gel, so don't put too much in to begin with, try maybe a palm full. Once your hair dries ( I never, never use a blow dryer, makes me frizz bad) You can add more to the curls that try to frizz. This sounds like it takes forever, but actually, I can do my hair, which is long, in like 20 minutes total! Seriously. It does take a while to dry, I just leave it wet and go on about my day. You don't know how many complaments I get a day about my hair. People always ask how do I get my hair to curl like it does, they don't believe that it's natural. I live in Florida, with very bad humidity, and everyone know humidity and curly hair don't mix. Let me know how it goes, If you like I could send you pictures so you can see why I get the complaments!! Good Luck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic