Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help fast!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
latinbabe614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latinbabe614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help fast!!!
    Posted: December 26 2003 at 4:42pm
i have nice curly hair but its REALLY frizzy. i usually put gel in it, but even that doesnt work 2 well, plus it gets all flaky and i want 2 b able 2 run my hands thru my hair. ive tried almost everything i could find but nothing gets the frizz out. im thinking about gettin a relaxer, but i really dont want to because i like having curly hair (just not the frizz). i need help fast!!! how can i remove the frizz WITHOUT straightening my hair? please help me, thank you!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2003 at 5:53pm
Hi latin...A new product out from Redken
called Smooth Down is really quite amaizing.
Go and buy it at a Salon, then if you aren't truely
loving the product, take it back.

You can't go wrong....the styling product serum that comes with it, can be mixed with most gels
and it will help the Gel work better.

But even just switching to the shampoo & conditioner might be just what you need.
Cheers
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2003 at 7:30am
And latin....if you do try the Redken Smooth Down,
come back and let us know what you think.
Cat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 6:46pm
Hi Latinbabe,
I too love my curls but hate my frizz and have tried thousands of products. The one I always come back to is Aveda's Elixir. Its a leave-in conditioner, but doesn't dry hard, sticky or crunchy and leaves no white flakes. I seperate and cover each curl with the Elixir from root to end. No frizz. The problem is its very expensive, but to me it's worth it. Good luck!
athenazbuddha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athenazbuddha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2004 at 11:42pm
Just wondering... how expensive is Aveda's Elixir? I also have curly, frizzy hair, and I am always trying to manage it someway or another.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as
if you'll die tomorrow.
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 3:39pm
Phytologie has a great product, called Phytospecific beauty styling cream. It's about $35 for a jar but it lasts for several months. It's the best stuff I've ever used for curly hair.
tropical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2004 at 1:38pm
Hello is there any good hairdressers that anybody knows of in scotland ?????? .
LOvinLife View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOvinLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2004 at 7:17pm
fyi, if your hair gel has alcohol in it, its going to make your hair frizzy and dry. I suggest using a anti-frizz product with a non-drying hairspray.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic