Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad hair day, every day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad hair day, every day
    Posted: January 14 2004 at 1:32pm
Im 15 and i have washed my hair everyday for 3 years! And now my hair has completely dried out. I have very curly hair and when dry it frizzes like mad! ive tried everything ; frizz ease products , straighteners, most shampoos and conditioners. Nothing seems to work. I apply mouse to my hair every morning to control the friz but im afraid its damaging my hair !
Does anyone have any ideas of how i could treat my hair so that i do not have to wash it every day and use so much mouse!
Much appreciated
Amber -x-
Sonia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2004 at 10:38pm
First of all, stop washing your hair every day. Most people with curly/frizzy hair can get away with washing their hair 2-3 times a week only. And I know what you mean. I have thick, curly, frizzy, damaged hair. I have every hair-care product under the sun, and at 13 years old I have tried shampoos, conditioners, frizz-ease serums, gels, mousses, and even considered relaxing my hair. My suggestion is this: Wash your hair once every 2-4 days with a hydrating shampoo (I use Aussie Moist Shampoo). Follow with a conditioner, preferably one that defines curl. Always leave in the conditioner for about four or five minutes, then wash it out with cold water to increase shine. After that, squeeze out excess water gently- DON'T TOWEL DRY! I have done this before, and looked like I hadn't brushed my hair in weeks. Then use a small amount of leave in conditioner (I use Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner) and follow up with a curl-defining gel. Scrunch your hair with your fingers to bounce the curls up, and don't heat-style or do anything to blow your hair around. I know it's a lot to do, but it really does work if you're willing to take the time and spend the money. But it does get tiring after awhile. I confess that after all these years of trying to embrace my curliness, I have decided to go straight. I'm trying Curl-Away non-chemical relaxer. (at xenna.com) I haven't tried it yet though. Anyway, good luck on your hair, and tell me how it works out! With curly hair, you can never expect a miracle from ordinary hair-care products, but it does make a difference!
NextTrain View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2004 at 8:36am
I know how you feel Amber! I myself have curly, frizzy hair, I have tried a LOT of products, but I'm tired of having to do so much to make my hair look decent.

I'm seriously considering doing Thermal Ionic, it's a super powerfull straightener that makes your hair pin straight, smooth, shiny, etc. It's premanent, once you've it, you don't have to care about your hair until it grows back curly. And everyday care is not a problem, you don't have to blow dry your hair or use a flat iron or any special product, you can go in the rain or in very humid climates, your hair will not frizz or curl back! You just have to treat the re-growth every 6-8 months.

This might be the solution if you've always dreamt of straight, shiny, frizz-free hair BUT I haven't tried it so I can't really tell! I'm trying to find more feedback on this straightening system and on others before I make my choice :)
Wild Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2004 at 10:21pm
Hey, I know how you feel to... I have curly hair too!!! Lucky me..........lol. anyways I have put my hair through alot before ding to get straight hair and now my hair is really dry, but I know how to handle it, If you have to wet your hair to style it, just wet it, apply a thick conditioner a.k.a. Herble essences instensive blends intence condition, leave on for 3-5 min. Then rince out with luke warm water, lightly towle dry, don't rub, and do nothing, when you hair is a little less damp rub a gel my fav is salon selectives in control, and scruch it through your curls. When you have a bath 2-3 times a week, use Hot oil or a mask til your hair looks alot healthier, then reduce to once a week, cuz curly hair always needs extra moisture... good bye frizz, hello gorgeous!!!!
tropical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2004 at 10:24am
hello my suggestion is what about a hair relaxer at the hairdressers it would make the hair stronger and more shiny as well as getting rid of the frizz , hopefully you like my suggestion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic