Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

coloring hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CurlyCarol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyCarol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coloring hair
    Posted: August 12 2004 at 8:19pm
Thank you FrizzyGurl.

I've since decided to try Clairol's Radiance semi-permanent color in a medium blonde shade - Radiance is a professional semi. Hopefully, this will cover and last a decent amount of time. If not, then back to permanent for me.

I appreciate the encouragement.
CurlyCarol
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 1:31pm
i am not sure if that is correct or not. I colored my hair in a salon until recently and when i switched to a drugstore brand (still permanent, too) i had no problem with "discoloration". If you still want to go to the salon, your stylist (i am positive) should have a selection of semi-permanent shades. If you don't want to color your hair at the salon, take a trip down to Sallys' Beauty Supply and ask someone there about semi-permanents that they offer.
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
CurlyCarol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyCarol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 8:27am
I have been coloring/highlighting my fine, curly hair for many years - my hair is bra strap length - I am now though about 50% gray and would like to try something new - and easier.

I read your article regarding semi-permanent color and I decided I would like to try it - I think that the grey will naturally highlight my hair at this point.

Question: I have been using professional salon coloring. I am told by Clairol (hotline) that I cannot use their over-the-counter semi-permanents as this would result in "discoloration".

Can I use something else - a professional salon semi-permanent color perhaps? TKS
CurlyCarol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic