Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can I get hair like HIS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jinx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I get hair like HIS
    Posted: August 10 2004 at 4:36pm
Im a guy and i want my hair to look like his:

Now, I have thick red hair, but each hair is very fine.
Today a stylest thinned it and told me that if I want hair like that i have to do three things:

1) get it realxed from her for 60$ (my hair is hyper curly)

2) condition daily with tee tree conditioner ( does this mean i have to shampoo daily?)

3)finnaly, use dee firzing "shine" product like Redken Outshine 1 Anti-frizz

will all this work?
what do you think the guy in the pictures does?
and can i relax my hair myself?

thanks!
jinx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 4:38pm
sorry, the images dident apear. but if you click on the litte boxes you can see them. :)
THE CURLY HAIRED GODDESS! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE CURLY HAIRED GODDESS! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 9:02pm
hey!
first of all, i have curly hair too, so i have been through straightening my hair so i know where you're comming from...
now, tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic, strong oil that can be added to many products to enhance certain aspects of the product. tea tree shampoo and conditioner (best if used together) can be found at health food/product stores and beauty supply stores such as Sally Beauty Supplies. your salonist probably recommended tea tree conditioner for your hair because it is very good at restoring moisture to dry hair. if you have your hair relaxed (or buy a relaxer kit from your local beauty supply or drug store) it normally straightens your hair until it grows back out, but severly dries your hair at the same time. that's where the tea tree conditioner comes in (when you use it, you leave it on wet hair for a couple min before washing it out) it will help your hair hold moisture. although drug store bought relaxers are cheaper, if you haven't had any experience, salon relaxing is better).
the anti-frizz serum helps smooth away frizzy, puffy hair. a little goes a long way...try John Frieda - Frizz Ease - Original Formula Hair Serum. i swear by this stuff! ok! i hope i helped!
Goodluck!!!!!!!!!
THE CURLY HAIRED GODDESS! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE CURLY HAIRED GODDESS! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 9:06pm
oh, p.s.-->the guy in the pic probably has naturally straight hair. lucky him, eh?
macysdayparade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macysdayparade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 12:35am
I am amazed at what people will pay to get things done to their hair at a salon when they could do it at home.

4 months ago I got an awesome perm from 2 friends. The results looked totally professional.

BUT in this case I would go to a stylist. I know a woman who has to wear a wig everyday because of a relaxing accident.

For some reason the relaxers always suck all the curls and volume from hair and as my friends would say "you end up with wannabe straight, matte hair". You might want to consider a straightening kit instead. Consult your stylist.

PS. I am laughing at the picture because I used to have that guy's hair when I kept it short and didn't get a perm.

Good luck Curly .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic