Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VACATION HAIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CURLYJO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CURLYJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VACATION HAIR
    Posted: August 12 2004 at 8:11am
HELP - I JUST GOT BACK FROM VACATION AND MY CURLY HAIR IS A MESS. IT'S DRY AND BRITTLE.
AFTER FIVE SHOWERS IN THE MOTEL AND DIPS IN THE POOL AND NOT TO MENTION THE TRIP TO THE WATER PARK, I GUESS ALL THE CHLORINE AND CHEMICALS HAVE REALLY MESSED UP MY CURLS.

I USED A DEEP CONDITIONER DURING MY VACATION, BECAUSE I KNEW THAT THE WATER WOULD BE DIFFRENT FROM WHAT I'M USED TO, BUT I NEVER DREAMED IT WOULDN'T HELP.

HOW CAN I GET MY BOUNCY CURL BACK, INSTEAD OF THE DRY FRIZZY THINGS I HAVE NOW?
GOD GAVE ME CURLY HAIR,
MAN GAVE ME THE PRODUCTS TO TAME IT,
BUT I GAVE MYSELF THE COURAGE TO WEAR IT.
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 9:36am
I'm headed to Florida this weekend and am really worried about my hair, too! Hubby laughs at how worried i am, i'm stocked up on conditioning treatments.

You might try a deep treatment every 3 days or so, (just don't overcondition) something like this one:

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Crème
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1215&pf%5Fid=500342

Apply and instead of rinsing it off in the shower, throw a damp hand towel in the microwave for 15 seconds or so, until warm and wrap your hair with it. Cover with a plastic shower cap and let it sit for 15- 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water and style as usual. The heat will open your cuticle and your hair will better absorb the treatment.

Also, applying a few drops of jojoba oil or coconut oil to the ends of your hair before styling will help with frizz. Hope your hair is back to normal soon!

Edited to say i love your signature!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic