Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Leave In Conditioner HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Leave In Conditioner HELP
    Posted: November 03 2004 at 2:58pm
Hey everyone...
i''m having a dillemma, with now shorter hair, i realize my boticcelli curls are diminishing, replaced with frizz & puff.
I cant find a product that is a leave in, which:

1. deeply conditions
2. eliminates frizz, puff
3. doesnt get rid of curls
Thanks!
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 12:29pm
Aaaahhhhh, another botticelli curl girl on this site. .. . . How short is short? i used to have mine about 4-6 inches short but mine turned into true corkscrews. Now that it's longer (just past shoulders when wet) it's definite botticelli curls.

Does your hair have any excessive buildup? Try clarifying with a vinegar rinse, 1 teaspoon vinegar to one cup of water. Leave on for 2-5 minutes before rinsing. Are you using products heavy in silicones? When my hair was that short, i used Salon Selectives Molding Putty (green tub) and it only cost like $1.25 and doesn't build-up. Used to use Infusium 23 leave in condish with good results but now i make my own leave-in with my fave condish and a tad of honey or light olive oil.
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 12:10am
mine is about 11 inches, but its various lengths from 11-13 approx. I do get problems with build up, but i dont mind it as much as dry hair!:( I would imagine vinegar is bad for your hair, its acid. I hate infusium it makes it so frizzy, i have tried the oils i do leave in treatments, and put some on occasion. My hardest challenge is finding something that is conditioning but makes it look good too. Thanks
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 7:17am
Don't worry about vinegar being bad for your hair. It's actually pretty mild, and you just rinse, not leave on.

I mix up 1/2 cup vinegar to a quart of warm water and wet my hair with it before washing at least once a week.

At first I was concerned that it might strip my color, but I've had no problems and no buildup.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
tiger_chick41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger_chick41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 11:12pm
I would try Lanza Solutions Hair Repair Formula-Leave in Protector. Long name but it WORKS! It's in a Light blue bottle. I use it when my hair is wet or dry. Works great and doesn't hurt my curls.
Jenna
Nelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 4:30pm
I too was in search of the best Leave in Conditioner. I wore hair extensions for 6 months and my hair thinned out big time! So I went to a beauty store and spent a good hour looking and reading through all the different brands of leave in''s. I am so exstaticaly happy with the products I have chosen. They elimated the frizz, deep conditioned and made my curls bouncy, healthy looking and full of shine Oh and so so soft. They were way cheap too!

They are:

Tresemme- Leave-In Protein Conditoner (a spray)$3.99
Nexxus- Headdress Leave in Conditioner (a light cream) $5.99

Both products left my hair incredible soft, full of life and healthy looking! Non greasy at all and just to revive my curls throughtout the day maybe for a night out after work I spray on some Tresemme leave in shake and scrunch my hair softly and a lil bit of nexxus and the compliments just start coming.

I am a beauty fiend and work in marketing in a top beauty company go figure right? lol. So I have tried the expensive caviar hair care lines to the cheapest brands. At work I am the guniea pig of beauty products for all depts. So try those two they may work awesome for you as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic