Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repeat questions I'm sure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repeat questions I'm sure
    Posted: November 28 2004 at 12:43pm
Okay...I'm sure these questions have been asked b4 but humor me if you would.

What are some good conditioners (moisturizing) to use w/o using shampoo?

How often should I use a clairifying rinse on my hair?

When using jojoba oil do I just do my ends or all of my hair and does it leave your hair feeling oily?

I wear my hair up at work most of the time because of my line of work. I pull it up with a cloth scrunchie just tight enough to hold it up then put it all in a loose braid with a no tangle elastic at the bottom. Is this bad?

Thanx for the help!
I once saw a bumper sticker that said:
"I slow down for brunettes, stop for
blonds, and back up for redheads!"
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by alista alista wrote:

Okay...I'm sure these questions have been asked b4 but humor me if you would.

What are some good conditioners (moisturizing) to use w/o using shampoo?

I like Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner, White Rain Extra Body, VO5 Free Me Freesia and VO5 Hydrators.
Quote ow often should I use a clairifying rinse on my hair?

As long as you use one that's not harsh, you can use it as often as you like. I rinse my hair with 1/2 cup vinegar/1 quart water at least once a week.
Quote hen using jojoba oil do I just do my ends or all of my hair and does it leave your hair feeling oily?

I do the ends and the damaged parts around my hairline and the nape of my neck. If it leaves your hair feeling oily, you've put on too much.
Quote wear my hair up at work most of the time because of my line of work. I pull it up with a cloth scrunchie just tight enough to hold it up then put it all in a loose braid with a no tangle elastic at the bottom. Is this bad.

That should be fine.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 2:24pm
I agree with the above post. I know a few people who use their shampoo and delude it with water to make it more gentle. Also you can go to a healthfood store and pick up gentle cleansing soaps/shampoos ex. doctor bronners soaps. It comes in a variety of scents and it is really gentle but u have to delude that too, there are instructions on the bottle.

Put the oil on your ends and damaged hair, then place your hair in a protective style ex. bun, frenchroll any style that will keep your ends out of the harsh air.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic