Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR HAIR TO BE CURLY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katherine08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katherine08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOW DO YOU GET YOUR HAIR TO BE CURLY
    Posted: January 12 2005 at 3:26pm
i have straight brown hair, i love it bu sometimes i want curly hair... sometimes i braid it with two french braids and sleep with it and in the morning sleep with it. BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THERES ANY OTHER WAY????????? help me. hope i was of help
unknown View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 7:59pm
did u try using gel when ur hair is wet and scrunch it with a diffuser
amateurstyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateurstyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 2:46am
I've posted a suggestion on your other copy of the question
Semi/Temporary curl, wave and colour creator: please try before any perm!
Spiraltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiraltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 7:32am
This takes a while, but if you only want it curly once in a while ...
Depending on how curly, get a small barrel curling iron, somewhere between 3/8 and 5/8 inch (I personally like the 3/8 because the curls loosen, but also because the smaller barrel lets you get more of the hair actually spiraled).

Best to not have washed your hair since the previous day, and then put some sort of gel in it so you have something that holds the curls. Take small sections of your hair, about 1/2x1/2 in and roll it onto the curling iron, spiraling, or corkscrwing it down the barrel (don't just toll the hair on top of itself - hopefully this makes sense). Depending on how long your hair is and how thick it is you may be able to do smaller or large sections. Just keep going around your whole head until this is done.

I guarntee you'll LOVE the curls. When you're done curling, use some humectant pomade (I'm an Aveda junky so thats what I use!) and rub it around on your fingers. Then go through your curls, scrunching them and arranging them until you're satisfied. The pomade will make them really shiny and soften them a little. If you want the look to last longer you probably will want to mist the curls with a firm hold hairspray before heading out.

This usually takes about 30-45 minutes, but again, the results are the most delious, sexy curls!

Enjoy, and let us know if you try it and how you like it!
cortney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cortney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 1:37pm
Katherine --
Go to amazon.com and purchass "Curly Girl. " You can achieve natural curls without the damaging heat
Chikita_Cutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chikita_Cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 10:13pm
Usually what I do is after I get out of the shower I let my hair dry a little so it's not so wet then I use a curling mousse and I flip my hair then I scrunch it in my hands then I flip it back over and scrunch it again. To hold the curls in place I put either gel or hair spray in it. The results are lovely!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic