Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to get curls like this....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to get curls like this....
    Posted: February 15 2005 at 8:37am
hi, i had my hair chopped off recently and it is now exactly this style.....i am wondering how to get the waves and flicks as when i blowdry it and curl it out, iyt all flicks out in a severe line and looks silly (think brie in desperate housewives), if i curl it all under and then pull some sections out and flick them with a hot brush it doesn't look right either. my hair has a slight natural wave which i don't like to brush out...can anyone give me tips and techniques for getting it to look right?

i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 10:57am
i love that haircut first of all. This girls whole head isnt flipped out, only a few random pieces...So to get her style flatiron it(dont use a curling iron..thats what gives you the "brie" look) to curl slightly under instead of flipping out.--using a ceramic flatiron with curved plates will give you the the best results..when your hair is completely straight, and the ends curved slightly under.. take only small pieces of hair in the front, rub a very very small amount of wax from middle to ends(only on those pieces and curl ONLY the ends around a curling iron. just practice a little bit..Your going to need product(like the wax) to make it stay.
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 1:33am
thanks a lot...i'm sitting here with dripping hair at the moment so i will give it a go....
i guess it will just take a little more care and time than usual until i get it right.....
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:39am
thanks so much..it looks as good as it did in the salon for the first time..
i put frizz ease serum in it, then blowdryed it up and under with a large round vent brush to get lots of volume, then i smoothed it out and tucked it under slightly more in places with straighteners.
then i used a large hotbrush to flick out random sections as you suggested, pulling them out carefully and dabbing on a little wax...finishing with a blast of hairspray so it will hopefully hold until i next wash it...
far too timeconsuming and damaging? to do everyday...but well worthwhile
thanks for the tips!
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 11:50am
your welcome..im glad to hear it came out nicely...take care.
Sara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic