Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think of my hair style?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
supercurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think of my hair style?
    Posted: February 22 2005 at 4:27pm
Hi curly peeps!
I'm one of the "older" curly tops here (I'm 36 years old). And I'm just not sure if my hair style is in style or not.... I wonder if I am stuck in the 80's.
I'd like to know what you all think.
Thanks! :)

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 6:30pm
I think your curls are pretty.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
supercurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 8:06pm
Thank you for your nice reply.
Do you think I should grow it out longer? I was trying to, but it started to look like a pyramid, so it layered it a little bit.
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 8:15pm
I think should let your hair grow and maybe change the color. Or light it up a little bit. But your style look good.

ToXiC KiSsEs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToXiC KiSsEs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 11:03pm
No dontgrow it! I love it if I could get away with that hair style I definatly would have it your lucky! oh and dont color it it will probably dry it out and natural colors are beautiful!
¸,¡|IvI|¡,¸
''i|¡||¡|i''
supercurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 2:55am
Thank you so much for your sweet reply! You made my day! Your picture is very pretty. Your hair is just FABULOUS!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 6:10am
I think both the color and style look great on you, but you'd also look great if you grew it longer.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
supercurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 5:36pm
I'd love to have long hair, but it always seems to get really dry and tangly when it gets to my shoulders. Then I always seem to cut it to chin length again. My hair grows very slowly and seems to actually stop growing when it gets to my shoulders. I'd love to have long hair.
Spiraltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiraltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:20am
What beautiful hair! I don't think you stye is dated at all, in fact layered playful curls are really back in. If you wanted to try color I'd try something red ... maybe some red highlights, not a drastic change. Or it looks like you could get away with an all over color as well. What color are you thinking?

But keep the style, its adorable!!!

~~Spirals~~
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:41am
Originally posted by supercurl supercurl wrote:

I'd love to have long hair, but it always seems to get really dry and tangly when it gets to my shoulders. Then I always seem to cut it to chin length again. My hair grows very slowly and seems to actually stop growing when it gets to my shoulders. I'd love to have long hair.

A lot of curly-haired people have dry hair. What sort of conditioner do you use?

You should probably moisturize it daily with a drop or two of jojoba. This will make your hair silkier and easier to manage.

It just seems like it stops growing at shoulder-length because curly hair takes up so much. I bet if you stretched it out to measure the length, you would be able to see that it has grown as much as you would have expected.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
supercurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 6:04pm
Thanks again for your replies!
I currently color my hair brown because I'm going grey. I've only colored it once and now I have about 2 inches of growth, and I'm actually really scared to color it again for fear it will go really DRY. When I do finally color it, I will try really hard to only color the roots, but that is a tricky job!
I use a unscented conditioner from a health food store. I can't stand anything with too much smell to it. I also put a few squirts of Clinique's daily facial moisturizer on my hair when it is still wet. I like the way the moisturizer works on both my face and my hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic