Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do you activate curls without making it feel like plastic?? HELP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you activate curls without making it feel like plastic?? HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you activate curls without making it feel like plastic?? HELP
    Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:23pm
I have finally decided to embrace my curls, and keep them instead of trying to comb them out or tie my hair back and ignore them...
I have experimented with some curl activating creams and they dont work too well.
I want something that will define my curls, make more of them, eliminate some of the frizz, and is not too costy. I dont want a hairspray, extra hold gel or mousse. I dont want a strong hold, just something to wake them up. Most of the products i have seen are strong holds, please tell me about some that work but give a more loose hold.

Thanks!
ToXiC KiSsEs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToXiC KiSsEs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 2:21am
Try using a leave in conditioner to make them soft and so shine serum. Maybe a curl enhancer, they have one buy John Frieda called Dream curls curl perfector. I tryed it, it made my hair very curly so I stoped using it, but would be a great thing to try on your hair!
¸,¡|IvI|¡,¸
''i|¡||¡|i''
GirlCanRock View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GirlCanRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 4:02pm
Use one of those special conditioners that you leave in for 15 min adn then rinse it out such as Cholesteral and then use leave in conditioner such as infusium 23 and take a little bit of gel and flip your hair up and down, wait a bti and then the curls come into place. Whatvere you do DO NOT brush it because then it turns into a mini fro.
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 1:36pm
WOW Toxic....fab curls....if mine looked that good i'd stop relaxing them!.
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 9:22pm
It works! Bought it at Walmart. I just put it in after i shower and it immediately curls w/no frizz. Dont tie my hair or comb it!
"Curl Amplifier" by FX special effects. Awesome.
Thanks for your help though!
malishka31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malishka31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:18am
I recommend kerastase, but it is expensive, but at the same time, it is guranteed to work. (reasearch online, read reviews.... it really is amazing)

If you want a drugstore brand, the product i always used before i found Kerastase was John Frieda hair serum. It works but getting the quantatity to use down is difficult.
Also your shampoo and conditioner play a BIG BIG role in the result of your curl.
Your shampoo especially as they strip hair, and harsh shampoos will kill your curl.. make your hair feel like crap and so on.

For salon products i have used Zerran (shampoo) and Mastey. Zerran makes a leave in condition --Equlizer-- does some very good things to curls without making them have that plasticy or hay-like feel from gel or mousse.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic