Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updo for thin hair- please help ASAP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendalyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendalyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updo for thin hair- please help ASAP!
    Posted: December 21 2000 at 11:42am
I`m going to a winter formal on Saturday (the 23rd), and I`ve been searching and searching through this site for updos that would work for my hair. The problem is... my hair is VERY THIN!!!

Most of the styles here are made for people with looooong, thick hair. My hair is shoulder-length, layered, and like I said, VERY THIN. I also have bangs. If you can, please please please help me! (And if you have a suggestion, please give me step-by-step instructions on how to do it if possible.) Thank you so much.

Ditzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2000 at 3:15pm
Reply to message: 13.26.1
Have you tried Teasing your hair?? (than do the hairstyle?)
Kurkul View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurkul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2000 at 3:41pm
Reply to message: 13.27.1
Okay.. I have the exact same problem as you.. I have bangs and thin hair. What I had my hairlstylist do last year was this simple and easy hairstyle. WHat you do is
*It`s easier to do when your hair is only a little damp*
1) Pull hair up into a normal ponytail (not too high not too short, more high though)
2) Seperate the hair into sections as big as 1/4.
3) Taking the sections twist them until you cannot twist them any longer.. secure it to your head w/ a bobby pin
4) Do this to all of the sections
5) Put a simple headband in.. Like for my graduation I bought a silver headband w/ stars.. or use clips..
7) Spray a light coat of hairspray
6) Also I had a Commadore`s Ball this summer and I used a LITTLE of pixie dust in my hair.
Email me if you have any troubles.. Believe me this hairstyle is very cute
kurkul View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurkul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2000 at 3:42pm
Reply to message: 13.29.1
My screen name is squeeky225@aol.com
Wendalyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendalyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2000 at 3:01pm
Reply to message: 13.30.1
Thanks! I`ll try that. :)
Lezlee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lezlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2000 at 12:36am
Reply to message: 13.32.1
quote:

Wendalyn originally wrote:
Reply to message: 13.30.1
Thanks! I'll try that. :)

Or try the Holiday Hair updo styles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic