Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding: Bridesmaid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Damara View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding: Bridesmaid
    Posted: June 27 2001 at 2:01pm
Hello. I`m going to be a bridesmaid in a friend`s wedding. She wishes that all of us wear our hair half up and half down. However, I`m unsure as to how exactly I want to do this. As she is leaving the option up to me. I`m 18 w/long, straight, & baby-fine hair. If anyone could please give advice and/or pictures*greatly apprecited*it would be extremely helpful. Thankyou for your time.~Damara~
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2001 at 7:45am
Reply to message: 13.130.1
you could put your hair in alittle pontail (you know half up half down) and secure with a pretty barrette that`ll look nice with your dress. then you could curl the hair that is pulled back with the barette, not your whole head but just that bunch of hair.
Natalie
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2001 at 3:51pm
quote:

Damara originally wrote:
Hello. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. She wishes that all of us wear our hair half up and half down. However, I'm unsure as to how exactly I want to do this. As she is leaving the option up to me. I'm 18 w/long, straight, & baby-fine hair. If anyone could please give advice and/or pictures*greatly apprecited*it would be extremely helpful. Thankyou for your time.~Damara~

I have styled a number of brides` and bridesmaids` hair. hope these suggestions are easy to follow.

1. Take a 1" section of hair in front of ear and plait upwards. Secure end with a snag free band.

2. Take another 1" section of hair above the first and plait in the same way.

3. Take a third section and plait as above.

4. Repeat to other side.

5. Taking the three plaits on one side plait together (upwards) and secure.

6. Repeat to other side.

7. Twist both plaited sections together above the head like a crown and secure with pins.

8. You can then put large curlers or tong the rest of the hair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Section your hair from ear to ear.

2. taking the front section, make five vertical section.

3. Twist or plait each section back to the crown of your head and secure with bands.

4. with the loose ends, simply tie into a loose knot and secure with pins leaving tails loose.

5. when all ends have been `knotted` take the `tails` and curl towards the neighbouring knot and secure with pins.

These sound very complicated but with practice I`m sure you`ll get the hang of it! Good luck!
Trish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2001 at 10:00pm
Have you ever heard of Pony Express hairpieces. At www.lookoflove.com they have catalogs of great hair ideas and extensions... lots of fun styles. I wore one of their pieces for my own wedding. I included a link to one of the styles I like best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic