Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help quick!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
A_my3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_my3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help quick!!!!
    Posted: September 24 2001 at 7:37pm
Hey, I just found out today that we are doing 8th grade pictures in 2 days! I really need some ideas for some easy updos. I don`t want them to be too fancy (its not like its prom). I`m kinda lookin for something cute that won`t take forever. My hair is a little bit past my shoulders and midium thickness. I have an oval face. I also have thin bangs that i curl in the morning. (I don`t know if that really matters.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am lookin in the hair gallery but it would be nice to have some specific directions.
A_my3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_my3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2001 at 8:24pm
Reply to message: 13.165.1
I think that hairstyle 3841 is really cute to give you an idea of what I like.
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2001 at 7:17pm
Reply to message: 13.166.1
I can at least tell you how to do that style (I`m too tired to think of a different style...it`s been a long day). It`s basically a half-up with four cornrows and the ends curled. Here`s How:
1. Part the hair down the center.
2. Section off a 1-inch section of hair from the center part to the left or the right, wherever you want to start.
3. In this parting, make a tiny french braid from the hairline to wherever you want your half-up ponytail to be. Do not end with a basic braid. Leave the ends free. You can clip them down while you work with the rest of the hair. Instructions for french braiding can be found on this site. It would be easier to get your mom or a friend to do at least this part.
4. Continue doing this, making two tiny french braids on either side of the part.
5. Smooth any of the top layer of hair that is not in the french braids back and combine it with the loose ends of your cornrows. With this hair make a half-up ponytail. Tie it all together with an elastic band.
6. Curl the ends of the ponytail and arrange however you want.
7. Curl the loose ends of your hair under
8. Use some hairspray

**If you don`t want to go through the hassle of making cornrows, do the same thing but just twist the hair back instead of french braiding it. It will have much the same effect and it`s MUCH easier**
***The picture you gave me has yarn wrapped in the braids. If you like that, just weave thread through the braids (or rolls), tie it at the end, and let the ends hang free.

Hope this helped. If not, e-mail me. _skwigel@excite.com
~Hairdesigner~
A_my3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_my3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2001 at 7:51pm
Reply to message: 13.169.1
thank you so much
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic