Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prom! PLEASE HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kistara View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kistara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prom! PLEASE HELP!
    Posted: January 18 2002 at 6:58pm
Hi. I have prom coming up and I`m looking for an original but sophisticated and hot half up/half down style. I have medium length (bra-strap middle of back -ish) hair that has long layers. It`s brown, medium to thin and has a little leftover wave from a perm on the bottom 3/4 of hair. I also have long layers to the bottom of my chin and bangs that have been growing out or can be cut. My face is an oval/round face and my dress colour is a fuschia spaghetti-strap gown. I was hoping someone had something I could use that`s not too too complicated or has really good instructions (because I`m not good with written instructions). I know it`s a lot to ask, but can anyone help?
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2002 at 7:21pm
No worries, this is easy
1. Put your hair up in a high ponytail, but on the last pull-through of the elastic band don`t pull all the way through--leave some ends loose
2. Pull the ends around so that they are in front of the ponytail. They won`t show in the finished product but they have to be there.
3. Take the loop you`ve made and fan it out. Take one side of the fan at a time and pin it to the top of your head. Pin the middle of the fan too. You want to make something that looks somewhat like a roll on your head.
4. Pull out some pieces of hair from the roll and curl them. Arrange them in front of the roll.

Also, try this link for really good instructions. http://www.substance.com/hn/hsfinder

~Hairdesigner~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic