Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tiaras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiaras
    Posted: June 27 2003 at 8:46am
I used to dislike them, and thought of them as prissy wear, but for some reason I have been strangely attracted to tiaras lately as I contemplate a wedding style. My wedding is in 12 weeks.

I don't want to wear my long hair all up, and will probably do some combination of up and down.

What do you guys think of tiaras, and what kind of up/down with tiara (and veil) styles can you recommend? I am getting married on Sunday and will not have the chance to meet with a professional stylist that day.

Thanks for your help.

Elissa

[/url]

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2003 at 2:07pm
Oh Elissa, so cool, I had no idea you were about to get married. Congratulations.

Tiaras is an interesting topic. I carry a small line of them at HB.com because I know that for many people they want to see a tiara in person before they purchase it. However, we carry everything from the teeny tiny combs that are very pretty but not too frufru to the full blown tiaras that have pearls.

Tiaras are incredibly popular. And they go with just about any hairstyle from super short (the little combs) to very long.

As far as a Sunday wedding, many stylists will come to your house, even on a Sunday, if you are willing to pay.

Best wishes & again, congrats.
Karen

PS. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 6:52am
Thank you Karen. I am very excited about getting married, it's about 12 weeks away now.

I am going to start playing with hairstyles soon, I think I'm stuck doing my own hair because of financial constraints. But I like doing my hair, and I have an idea of how I want it, so I think it will work out. I will probably buy a cheap tiara to experiment with before deciding whether I want one. I will definitely check out the ones on hairboutique.com.

If I get hung up about what to do, maybe I'll post some pictures of practice styles here for opinions.

Thanks for being so terrific Karen!

Elissa
xoxoxoxoxo
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 9:14pm
oops! Just realized I should have put this in the Weddings section. Sorry!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic